Chapter 39

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

Jared frowned noticing he was in pain even if he didn't grab so forcefully that it would hurt. Before Dan could escape, he took his hand back and pulled his hoody sleeve up, to reveal a bandaged wrist.

His breath caught in his throat, and Dan looked down troubled. Jared didn't know what to say, why had he done something like this to himself again suddenly?

"What's this?" Jared growled, holding his arm up in the air in the middle of them.

"Nothing" Dan whispered, easily as it was his habit lately.

Jared twisted the arm, not to hurt him but so that it felt. He would never hurt him, he just wanted his sweetums back.

"Why did you do it?"

"I d-didn't -" Dan's eyes watered, but stopped as he was about to reveal too much under the pressure. He shut his mouth, but had said too much already.

"Then who did?" Jared asked, not believing him. When Dan didn't answer, he forced him to look up at him by holding his jaw. "Don't lie to me. I'm just worried, don't you see? Why did you try to...why did you do this? You were doing so well, and you said yourself you were happy -"

"I was" Dan whispered desperately and swallowed. "I am."

"Then this doesn't make sense. Why, Dan?"

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

"Oh my god, no. They were indicating something but said they wouldn't...go all the way, because they're not...like me" Dan wiped his teary eyes with his other hoody sleeve. He was so embarrassed.

Jared let go of him and took one small step back.

"If you let me help you, and if you still trust me, -" he said quietly and slowly, "hug me."

He needed Dan and him return back to where they were, not letting Wilder or anybody else come between them. Of course it was going to take time with this setback, but he wanted Dan to start.

Dan hesitated but realised why he was asking such a thing, and he needed to trust him again like before. He wanted nothing more than to be held and protected by him and feel it, rely on him and never be let go, but...

He took the step forward to be close to Jared again, now of his own will, and delicately and purposely placed his arms around his shoulders. He was tense at first, but his mind and body recognised him.

Getting the chance, Jared easily broke his mental and physical walls. When he relaxed, it was noticeable and then Jared hugged back.

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

When Jared was done, he knelt down in front of him holding his hands. But when he leaned to kiss him, Dan turned his head to refuse. He had never done that before.

"What's wrong? I know we'll take time, but I want to kiss you to seal we're okay" Jared said with an encouraging smile, caressing his cheek.

Dan looked at him distressed, but saw this as his chance. He had to force himself say it, his first...

"I'm sorry, a-about that..." Dan quiet voice cracked. "I want us to be okay and friends, but this...I want to...break up."

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)