Chapter 27

...

The next morning, Niall sat with Dan on the bus drive to school.

To be honest, they missed Aldo pretty close as much, but Niall understood his best friend's reasons to the break.

After lunch break, Dan and Ze were walking to their class.

Still, there had been no signs of Jared, and now it was getting too much for him.

He nudged Ze's arm, getting her attention for him to ask. Maybe Jared had been in contact with his girlfriend, at least.

"W-where's...Jared?"

"He's home, isn't he?" Ze said, but frowned when he looked at her questioningly. "He texted me this morning that he's sick at home and can't see me or come to school in few days."

"O-oh, of course" Dan said quietly, trying to sound as if it was nothing new.

Ze stopped walking, causing him to stop as well.

"He isn't sick or home at all, is he?" she queried, and sighed when Dan remained silent. He didn't know what to say, he or his expressions weren't good liars. "Dan, could you do me a favour? I understand completely if you can't, but I'll still ask, you know."

Dan nodded without hesitation, of course he would help if he just could.

"Thank you. He's not himself with me and he's avoiding you and some others. I've experienced these signs before, Dan. When he's home, could you ask him or look after him, you know if...if he has another girlfriend or something like that, we know what reputation he has. But I'm afraid he has a crush, on somebody else."

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)