Chapter 36

...

"Come on, please just try it, for me" he smiled at Dan's nervous, suspicious look. "I'll help you, there's nothing to be afraid of."

He took the skates back, sat him down on the bench by the ice rink and helped him put them on.

Dan felt odd and awkward with the strange shoes on, suspicious because they were so unsteady, but knew Jared wouldn't ask him to do something dangerous. He had never ice skated before.

"Okay, all set" Jared beamed. "It will be slow and difficult at first but you'll get used to it, it's like that for everyone. Here, take my hand."

Dan took a deep breath and then his hand, and he helped him to stand up. From that moment, he knew already this wasn't going to be his thing, but he was curious to try.

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

He looked up slowly, not making fast moves to keep his feet standing, intending to look at his boyfriend to see how it's done. But of course it wasn't the best choice to yet take a skilled ice hockey player's example as Jared was in his eyes flying, making his eyes dizzy trying to follow him, so he looked away.

"Show off" Dan muttered, having liked to look at him at his element any other time than in his current situation.

He took his hands of the railing, lifted his other foot slightly and put one of his hands back for support. The first small step went fine, but the second and bolder one made his feet slide apart quicker than he could react to in the rush of panic and he fell back downwards.

Jared saw that from a distance and quickly skated back to him.

"Dan, are you okay? Does it hurt anywhere?" he asked worried, because Dan had his arms hiding his face.

"F-fine, but I hate this, I want these fatal things off" Dan mumbled, embarrassed of his easy failure.

Jared chuckled and looked around them to check they were still alone like they should, dropped to his knees and removed gently Dan's own hands covering his face.

"You are so cute, sweetums" he said quietly caressing his cheek, gazing into Dan's eyes who blushed but had also fallen into staring into his.

And when he leaned down to share a long lasting, sweet but intense kiss, Dan couldn't help but wonder how good it felt to be so close to someone.

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

"Next time I'll take you somewhere better for a date" he promised.

"Date?"

"Yeah, this was a date. Have a problem with that?" Jared tilted his head provocatively.

Dan blushed but shook his head. The thought was kind of nice, even if all that mattered really to him was that they were together. The fact that he was being taken to dates was strange still though.

"Why is it you who takes me to dates, anyway? Why can't I take you to some, too?"

"Sure, but it's clearly you who's the female in this relationship" Jared chuckled, clearly joking.

Dan gave him a fake offended look and crossed his arms.

"Excuse me, I'm a guy too, you know."

"Are you sure?" Jared smirked. Dan huffed and began to stand up so he laughed and stopped him, snaking his arms around him. "Sorry, of course you are. Whenever it's possible and you want, you can take me to dates as well, if it bothers you."

Dan settled back on his lap.

"This...is fine, I'm just not used to this thing yet. Not that I can do much, but I want to do something for you, too."

Jared smiled warmly.

It wasn't just Dan who needed him, to be better. He needed Dan just as much.

"You are the cutest and most cordial person I know, sweetums" Jared said, and kissed him on both cheeks and then attacked gently his lips for a while longer. "Thank you for being mine."

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)