Chapter 15

...

Dan didn't want any friends. He thought, and hoped, that Ze would back off, hearing how pathetic he was. Getting friends wasn't in his plan, coming to school. He didn't want anyone to like him.

But he couldn't say that now, could he?

"I'd like t-to be friends, too" he said instead, trying to smile.

Damn, freaking stutter. He flushed and wished to never speak again. Jared had been right, he was a stupid freak who shouldn't speak anywhere in public, he was just making a fool of himself by...existing.

"Good, now get out of here, this lunch period is an hour and then we're back here" Milka beamed standing up.

Dan took the phone from his backpack and put it in his hoody pocket, leaving the bag in the room so he wouldn't forget it anywhere. He followed Ze out from the class room, where Aldo and surprisingly Jared were waiting in the corridor.

"Is this your brother?" Ze asked Dan, not noticing the tension or Aldo's and Jared's glaring competition.

Dan nodded, waiting to be alone with his brother and tell him everything. From the first sight of Aldo, he knew he was worried sick. Because of him, again...

"You two sure both have the same good looks" Ze remarked smiling, and laughed when Jared cleared his throat frowning. "Relax, ducky. Dan, this is Jared, my boyfriend."

Oh.

Dan's processing mind began to make the connection. Ze, who had just become his friend, was the girlfriend of the guy who hated him...inconceivably much?

That's um...

"Oh, we know each other" Jared said with a smirk and not the friendly one, putting his arm around Ze's shoulders. Aldo gave him another warning glare. "They live at my place temp-"

"But that's great!" Ze blurted out of excitement, making Dan wince and instinctively getting closer to Aldo, wanting to retreat. "Oh, I'm sorry, dear. But I have a good feeling about this, guys. This is going to be so great!"

Aldo wanted to kill Jared with his glare, Jared had a face mixed with his glare and smirk which didn't promise any good, and Dan not daring to look at anyone in the eye level still fiddled his hoody sleeves, feeling if he wouldn't soon get a break he would lose it.

The brothers glanced at each other.

Yes. That's it, great. This is going to be great.

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)