Chapter 2

A tall guy walked over to us and I instantly felt numb when I saw him

A tall guy walked over to us and I instantly felt numb when I saw him. Immediately, I let go of the fist I was holding and the guy, who wanted to punch me, took a step backwards.

Let me tell you that the intruder was a really handsome young man. A beautiful face. Well defined, with a sharp jaw and angular cheekbones and stubble dark beard which made him even...ehm...worse I mean.

He had tousled messy medium length dark hair, which was thick and lustrous. He had wide shoulders and pretty damn lean body. I bet his clothes were hiding some pretty ripped muscles underneath.

But what really got me, were his eyes with gorgeously thick and long eyelashes that most of the female population would die for.

He stared at me, his dark chocolate, nearly black eyes drilling into my light blue ones.

There was seriousness about him that unnerved me. His eyes screamed of power and also told of many secrets but held them locked in a strongbox so beautiful, that you wouldn't dare to open in fear of what you might find within.

I swear to chocolate I've seen this guy already but I couldn't remember where, which was odd, considering my great photographic memory. Yet, I didn't really care at this point. I was too astounded by him.

He probably saw the shock register on my face before I could hide it. There was the slightest glimmer of a smile on his lips before it disappeared.

I suppose he wasn't the smiling type.

He turned his stare to Connor... I suppose. That was his name, wasn't it?

"Get lost, Carter. Before you are the one bleeding." He commanded before turning to look back to me.

His voice was like nothing I've ever heard before, yet it seemed somehow familiar.

It sounded like a drum, but deeper, like a tuba but deeper. It was like a low roll of thunder. His voice was powerful enough to make your bones feel like they were vibrating. It was full of power and command, full of authority.

That little gorilla... Carter... He and his friends disappeared without a word, leaving me here with this guy, under his terrifying stare.

Everything about him was just so wrong.... He was tall, probably around 6'4 tall, and had the kind of face that stopped you in your tracks. I guess he just got used to that, the sudden pause in a person's natural expression when they looked his way, followed by overcompensating with a nonchalant gaze and a weak smile.