Chapter 38

"So how was your short honeymoon?" Lillian asked after she placed a cup of green tea in front of me on her dining table and then went to sit opposite me

Her face was full of mischief as she winked at me. "Did you like those clothes I packed for you?"

"Oh!" I exhaled, sending her the best murderous glare I could muster. "You're so going to pay for that one!" I hissed, throwing a napkin at her just for her to burst out laughing.

"Oh, come on!" She exclaimed, throwing that napkin back at me. "Don't tell me my brother didn't like it."

I grimaced at her words. Just the embarrassment for asking for his shirt was enough excruciating, had I told him that my luggage was full of sexy lingerie, I would have died on spot.

"Walking around naked seemed more appropriate than wearing those stuff, Lillian!" I hissed at her, lowering my voice as if there were people who could have overheard me.

She smirked, sending me a sly wink once more. "So I guess you two had fun."

I took a sip from my green tea as I looked out of a window. "It was...adventurous."

"I bet it was." She exhaled. "I'm just glad you weren't at the hotel when the shooting happened. We were all so worried."

"Yeah..." I took a larger sip this time, trying to seem as normal as possible.

"What's wrong?" Her eyebrows furrowed as she leaned an elbow against the table, watching me.

I shook my head immediately. "It's nothing." I said, trying to avoid the shooting topic. "We had a fight, that's all."

"Oh," Her frown deepened. "I bet it was intense. Diego doesn't argue for nothing."

I frowned at that, looking back to her. "Why it's so easy to talk to you and so difficult to talk to him?"

"Maybe because he's adopted." Lillian suggested, probably trying to make a joke to lighten my mood.

"I'm serious." I glared at her, letting her know how dead serious I was.

"But so am I." She said. "He was really adopted. You didn't know about this?"

"Of course I did." I coughed it off.

Adopted? Diego was adopted?! Why didn't he tell me?

"No, you didn't." She shook her head, completely seeing through me. "I thought you knew."