Chapter 16

"I heard you've got engaged

"I heard you've got engaged." Mrs. Green, my psychic doctor said when I sat down on her comfy couch.

The past few days were difficult for me, my mind just couldn't stop bothering me, just wouldn't turn off. I needed to talk to someone since Lillian was out of town with her sister. That's why she didn't attend the ball. So I called my psychiatrist.

I cocked one eyebrow as I eyed her skeptically. "Are you consulting my health with my parents?" I questioned suspiciously.

"No...of course not." She hesitated. She really just hesitated!

I took a deep breath in to take control of my anger.

"I've been declared sane and that means you're not allowed to share my medical details with anyone without my permission." I said, trying to sound as calm as I could, even though I wanted to choke her. "You know I could sue you for consulting your patient's health with other people without patient's permission."

She raised her eyebrow at me in arrogance. "Are you threatening me?"

"No." A lazy smile formed on my face. "I'm just reminding you what usually happens when a doctor doesn't follow the law or doesn't keep his Hippocratic oath." I said simply. "Or did you forget about this part? - What I may see or hear in the course of the treatment or even outside of the treatment in regard to the life of men, which on no account one must spread abroad, I will keep to myself, holding such things shameful to be spoken about" I quoted a part of the Hippocratic oath.

You're probably wondering how come I know this...Well, my brother wanted to become a doctor but since he was dyslectic, I was reading stuff to him so he could memorize it, but so did I, since I've got photographic memory, if I haven't already mentioned that.

"I remember my oath, don't worry about that." Mrs. Green said as she took her glasses off and placed them on a coffee table between us. She leaned into her seat and looked right into my eyes. "And don't worry, everything you say stays with me, you can trust me."

I clucked my tongue in disapproval, not believing a word she  just said.

"See, that's quite a problem, I don't trust you." Anyone, to be specific. Except Arthur, but even he didn't know everything.