Chapter 32

The fear I saw in his eyes just a few minutes ago now turned into something very close to rage

His stare had no greyscale, only the polar extremes existed. I drew in a deep breath, the burning hard stare would last only as long as it took him to think of the most brutally cutting thing he could tear me down with.

And after that I could kiss anything breakable goodbye. Which right now might just be my nose, it was so hard to tell and so pointless to run.

I wasn't exaggerating. He really seemed furious with me. I just wanted to prank him and give him a lesson. That's all.

"Do you think this was funny?" Diego asked coldly when the last man closed the door behind him, leaving us all alone.

Diego's face wasn't conveying a single emotion but his eyes, oh, they screamed of anger.

Ah shit.

"I-uh- I'd rather not answer that since my answer might be slightly different from what you'd wan..." I trailed off slowly as I took in his narrowed eyes.

"The house is under attack." He repeated the message I had sent him from Warren's cellphone.

My mind went blank as I realized this wasn't the type of joke he'd ever appreciate so this was definitely not going in my favor.

I looked down from his piercing eyes and as my eyes focused on his chest, I asked: "How's your wound?"

"Fine." He replied dryly, already aware of me trying to sidetrack his attention.

"Good. You shouldn't move a lot, you know that right? But who am I talking to. It's impossible for you, that much I understand."

Diego ignored my resentment. He just closed his eyes and took a deep breath in and out before opening his eyes again, focusing on me.

A low gasp escaped my lips when he placed both of his hands on my hips and pulled me closer to him.

Shivers traveled down my spine when he started to trail one hand from my hip, up my arm and then gently grasped my face in his palm.

"You're mistaken to think I'll let this one go." He said with his chilling voice.

"I should change your bandages and also it's time for your painkillers." I tried to scoot away but he didn't let me.

Diego leaned in further, letting go of my face just to stroke my cheek and then grasp onto my waist, applying enough pressure to make me squirm, but not to hurt me.

"Now," He whispered, our faces just a few inches apart. "what am I going to do with you?"

"You, Diego, don't get to do anything with me." I said as I raised one eyebrow at him.

"What you can do, is take your painkillers and take off your shirt so I can change the bandages." I murmured as I raised one hand to his neck, tugging at the neckline of his black shirt while my other hand splayed on his chest.