Chapter 19

The slap was as loud as a clap and stung his face

The slap was as loud as a clap and stung his face. It had been an open-handed smack and it had left a red welt behind.

Right there I knew it was a good one and that it pained him enough to satisfy me.

But because he didn't show it, it just made me even angrier. Raising my hand to slap him again, his hand stopped me in action as he grabbed me by my wrist.

"You left." Was all he said and slightly tossed my hand away, as if being careful, not to hurt me.

So this all happened because I left this morning? Was he that much of an idiot?!

"You little snitch." I seethed through my clenched teeth, jabbing my finger into his chest. "You did this because I left this morning?!"

Diego looked down at me, his jaw clenched as he replied coolly. "Exactly."

I laughed with wildly uncontrolled emotions, running my hands through my still slightly damp hair. I was so close to hysteria.

"Oh, I'm sorry, my Love." I spoke with revolt in my voice, caressing his other cheek with my palm. "I didn't know I wasn't allowed to leave without your permission." I said with face sweetness. "Please forgive me my misdemeanor, my Dear."

Diego rolled his eyes at me and tossed my hand away. "Stop being so sarcastic and go pack your stuff. We're leaving to Barcelona with my father for a business trip later this afternoon."

"Yeah, right." I snorted, as if I was the person who ever listened to anyone's orders. "As you wish, my love." I curtsied to him, making him roll his eyes in agony.

"And put your ring on." Diego ordered tersely before he left my room, shutting the door loudly.

"As if I'm going anywhere with somebody who doesn't have two brain cells to rub together." I grumbled under my breath and whined out loud.

God, why is this so difficult?

I walked into my bathroom to dry my hair with a hairdryer and returned back to my room where I packed a suitcase with the most unimportant things I could find here.

I stuffed it with almost all of my towels, one of my bathrobes, all of my warm sleeping socks and then I barely managed to zip it up.

Grabbing my phone, I booked a flight as well as made a reservation in a hotel.

Then I grabbed a bigger handbag for traveling and packed it with the most important things I could put there, including my passport and credit cards. When I finished, I hid the handbag under my bed while leaving the suitcase on my bed.

Leaving my room, I went downstairs where Diego was waiting but Lillian was nowhere to be found.

"Where's Lillian?" I asked.

At the sound of my voice, he turned to look at me, burying his hands in the pockets of his jeans.

"She left. Said she'll call you when she calms down." He replied as if it wasn't his fault that she was pissed with me and worse, maybe even disappointed.