Chapter 42

I walked into the kitchen to grab some fruit to eat on the way because I was supposed to meet my mother for my dress fitting

"Good morning." I greeted Diego who was standing at the kitchen island, his back facing me.

I stopped for a second, my head tilting to the side, appreciating the view of his ass in those navy blue dress pants.

I smiled to myself as I walked up to him, planing on kissing him but when I got to his side, all of my intentions disappeared at the sight.

He was wearing a scowl on his beautiful face, his eyes focused on a too familiar napkin in his hand.

I grabbed the napkin abruptly, irritated with him. "You went through my stuff?!"

Diego's head snapped to me, his eyes digging holes into my head.

"Have you slept with him?" He spat out that question with hatred, making me flinch away, my jaw on the floor.

What?

WHAT?!

"Excuse me?!" I seethed through my clenched teeth in pure rage, keeping my voice deadly low, making sure I wasn't yelling even though I wanted to. I wanted to punch him! "How dare you accuse me of cheating?!"

He flinched at my words and his eyes widened. "NO! Not now!" He blurted out quickly. "I know you wouldn't do that! I meant before we met. Have you slept with him?"

I gave him my sharp stare in return. "Are you seriously asking me this right now?"

I'm quite sure I was a virgin before you.

Diego was looking at me with that pissed off frown of his while I waited for his brain to start working again. Was his stupid jealousy really blinding his brain? Maybe one punch or two would help him. Perhaps I should really try it.

Just when I decided it was the only option, his frown disappeared as his eyebrows rose slightly in realization and his lips twitched upwards, trying to suppress a proud smirk.