Chapter 28

"What do married couples do that we don't??!" I hissed at my reflection in the mirror

"What do married couples do that we don't??!" I hissed at my reflection in the mirror. "Girl! Are you crazy?!"

I was arguing with myself for quite some time now, at least ten minutes for sure.

As soon as we returned from the beach - which was right after my humiliation, because I basically ran away from him - I locked myself in the bathroom.

I face-palmed myself when I recalled the smile and the look he gave me...Like... 'Girl, don't you have a filter in your mouth?' or more like 'Is your brain really that slow that you can't realize what you're saying?'

Ugh! I was never easily embarrassed but this... I've never been this humiliated in my whole life. I've never blushed like this. And it was all because of my stupid rambling when I'm nervous.

No! It was all his fault. I was nervous because of the way he looked at me and the way it made me feel.

I didn't want to go back now. What if he was thinking about doing it?! I basically suggested it!

"Stop it!" I spat out at my reflection. "Why do you even care? So what? It's not a big deal. You never cared about these things so stop overreacting!"

I took a deep breath in and out before taking a cold shower and after that, I had a problem on a whole another level.

I was staying alone with Diego and thanks to Lillian, I've got nothing normal to wear. The only thing I could possibly wear, was the shirt he gave me. So I put that one on and the white hotel's bathrobe as well.

It was so soft that I wouldn't mind sleeping in it.

After I returned to the room, I did my best at avoiding an eye contact with him. Diego said that he'd be sleeping on the couch and I on the bed. I said nothing to that, just nodded and went straight to the bed.

The next morning I decided to go to the beach and since Diego said he was planning on finishing some work, a huge burden fell off of my shoulders.

I was not planning on spending time with him at all. Not after what happened yesterday. The bonding and everything along with my humiliation. If it was possible, the less time with him, the better.