Chapter 4

"POLICE!"

"POLICE!"

Someone shouted from who knows where, making people sprint in different directions, saving their own asses while I just stood there with my heart already on a high speed level, watching people panic with a huge grin all over my face. Already, my beloved adrenaline in my veins.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! RUN!"

Somebody grabbed my hand, tugging me to move forward, to start running and that's when my brain started working again.

I was supposed to stay clear of any trouble for seventy two hours, otherwise I'd spend much more time in my special room De La Police. The entertainment there was good, but the food...not so much.

So I ran, but who knows where. I moved across the cold earth, my feet faster than any ballet dancer on any stage in the world. My heart accelerated as my face remained rigid when I heard shouts coming from officers, ordering us to stop.

Of course, neither of us did.

Being chased was nothing like the movies. The stars looked heroic, sexy and in command of the situation.

Reality was far removed from that pretty version of running to save your skin.

My face was probably flushed red but my expression was just pure joy. Boxing my whole life made me fit but still my heart pounded, sending blood to my muscles.

Just when I thought we outran them, I heard the engine of a truck and then the sirens. Before I knew, a police car blocked our way, making us change directions, heading towards the forest.

Now my heart was beating as if it was about to explode.

The thing is, I wasn't scared because I could end up in jail any second, I was scared because my parents would eventually find out about this, about me not being in New York as I said.

Jimmy wouldn't be so kind this time about keeping this a secret. I know he was already losing his patience with me, since he was the one who always dealt with me once I was at the police station.