Chapter 27

I wanted to go to sleep so much, but

I wanted to go to sleep so much, but... I didn't have enough courage to go into that room, okay?! I admit it! Fine! I was scared...No, I was terrified of staying alone with him. Especially when I was under the spell of alcohol.

I wasn't drunk. But I lost some self control over a few drinks. So I decided it would be best if I just headed over to the beach. The sun was about to set down and it would be a shame to miss out on something that beautiful.

I was nearly at the beach when someone's hand closed around mine.

"Where have you been?" I recognized Diego's deep voice. Even if he wouldn't say a word, I would have recognized the energy his touch caused me, sending shivers down my spine.

"Out." I shrugged, freeing my hand from his.

"Where?"

"Somewhere around here."

"You've been gone for nearly four hours!"

"Oh, have I?" I was actually surprised. Nevertheless, it didn't sound so convincing, unfortunately.

"Who would have thought time flies so fast." I shook my head in concern.

Four hours?! That can't be true!

Diego took a step back, eying me in suspicion. "Are you...drunk?"

"Pf!" I snorted. "Noo."

"I see."

"Good for you! Those eyes aren't just beautiful but they also work!" I patted his shoulder and turned around, heading towards the beach when I brutally crashed into something hard. Losing my balance, I landed on my precious derrière.

That's what you get when you give him compliments! The karma works really quickly on you.

"What the-" I gasped, looking up at the thing that stepped into my way when two strong arms wrapped around my stomach, pulling me up onto my feet.

"Are you- okay?" Diego asked in concern but the amusement from the tone of his voice was impossible to unnotice.

I brought my hand to my forehead to check if it was bleeding. If so, I should probably prepare myself for the faint that would follow right after, but there was no blood.

Diego turned me in his arms to face him and raised his one hand to my forehead as well while supporting me with the other.

"Careful," He chuckled. "There's a street lamp."

Instantly, I pushed him away. "You don't say." I grumbled out, rubbing my forehead. "I haven't noticed."

"Clearly." His eyes were laughing. Those beautiful dark eyes of his, crinkling at the corners, without the slightest feeling of guilt nor shame of enjoying my misery.

"Don't laugh at me." The way I spoke, it didn't come out demanding but more child like which caused his smile to widen and my frown to grow in return.