Chapter 6

"You seem like you're having fun, sister

"You seem like you're having fun, sister." Diego's voice was more like a cold shower for me and as I glanced at Lillian, I could tell that our feelings were mutual.

I could tell the both of us were very fond of his company. Very much so...

"I see you're feeling quite well about your last sin." As he said that, he took a seat next to me, my body tensing at his closeness as his shoulder was nearly touching mine.

I just tried to look as if I turned into air. And it worked, because he acted as if I wasn't even there.

Maybe I should just take my plate, add some more delicious pancakes and hide under the table and wait for him to disappear.

"What were you doing in that place?" He questioned with a stony face, giving out no emotion, whatsoever.

"I should be asking the same thing." Lillian retorted bravely. "What were you doing there?"

"Don't you dare questioning me." He said too calmly...No. It was too deadly. So I sank lower on my chair, trying to look as inconspicuously as I could.

"I'm your older brother."

Lillian clenched her fork, a clear sign of anger boiling inside her. "Then act like one!" The girl snapped. "What kind of example are you giving, hm? I'm just following steps of my older brother."

I wanted to pat her shoulder proudly and show her my support but his low, barely audible growl stopped all my intentions.

"Don't you dare to turn this on me!"

I was already so low on that chair I couldn't see the top of the table and since I finished my pancake, I wanted another one. So very slowly, my hand found its way to the top of the table.

Moving on a turtle speed, my hand found my plate and with two fingers I pulled one pancake off the table. As I took a bite, only then I realized the sudden change of atmosphere, the dead silence. Swallowing the piece, I glanced up through my eyelashes, just to find Diego staring straight at me.

His dark eyes greeted me; distanced and tranquilizing just like I remembered from yesterday.

I smiled timidly at him, only to get a blank stare in return.