Chapter 17

"This is my house

"This is my house." Diego spoke up when he opened the front door, letting me in first.

"You don't say, I thought you were taking me to Disneyland." I retorted, taking my shoes off as well as my coat.

I never thought I would enter this house as a guest and not like a burglar.

"You'd come?" He asked, taking his shoes off as well. Taking the coat from me, he hanged it as well as his.

I turned my head to look at him, my eyebrows slightly furrowed in confusion. "To where?"

"To Disneyland." He said, shrugging simply. "If I'd take you to Disneyland, would you come?"

I just snorted in reply and looked away. Of course not.

"So what now?" I asked, turning back to him.

"Do you want something to eat?" Diego suggested, his voice sounding softer than usual.

"No."

"Well, I do." He voiced simply. "And you can cook something while I make you your bed."

I rolled my eyes at him but turned to leave anyway.

So, already filling into our roles, aren't we?

"Where are you going?" Diego questioned suddenly.

"To the kitchen." I replied over my shoulder while walking towards his kitchen.

"How do you know where the kitchen is?"

"Because I've been here before." I said way too quickly, without thinking of the consequences. That's when I stopped in my tracks, realizing what I just said.

"When?" Came his question, his voice full of suspicions. I could already feel his calculating eyes boring into me.

Squeezing my eyes shut, I mentality slapped myself. Way to go, Brienne! Just say right away that you broke into his house! That you were the karate kid who made a fool out of three men!

I turned to face him, looking around myself as if checking if the air was clear, as if what I was about to say was the biggest secret in the world. Then I looked at him through my eyelashes, my lips already spreading into a sly smirk.