Creatures

Keith tapped his foot nervously as he couldn't get that image out of his head, that horrifying, inhuman image of a boy near his age being tortured by the soldiers he's thought as friend, by the people he's been raised by. And Shiro knew about the rabid.

But the thing is, he didn't seem rabid, he seemed tired and scared, he was defensive. Did he have a family? The thought sickened him, how his people tore the boy from his own family. Could he speak English or just understand it?

Keith groaned as he kept thinking about the prisoner. What would he do? What should he do? What could he do...

Releasing him back to the surface? What would that do for them or would the boy turn on him? Or thank him? Where they as barbaric as Keith was raised by the code, rabids could not make a civil thought, only blood.

But then why didn't the boy try attacking him even if it was useless, maybe he's waiting, making a plan... Knew that someone would rescue him.

He had to return to the cellar.

Keith walked out of his dorm again only for Shiro to catch his arm and stopped the younger man.

"On a mission or something?" Shiro chuckled looking at him.

"I forgot my tools in the oxygen tank sector," Keith shrugged.

"Alright I'm making dinner so don't take to long, that's on like the other side of the organization," Shiro explained raising an eye brow.

"Yea don't worry I'll jog," Keith smirked and took off in a jog before Shiro could keep him any longer and turned the corner to where he said he was going then turned another corner that would get him to the prison.

Keith climbed down the ladder and flicked on the lights and saw the rabid prisoner in the same spot as before but what panting as his brown and white hair was soaked.

Keith grabbed the now wet rag and walked over and the boy started to struggle more but it was in fear as the boys eye brows showed his terror.

"It's me, it's me, do you remember?" Keith said quickly but gently as the boy calmed down to the familiar voice.

"Déjame ir por favor," the boy breathed weakly and Keiths eyes widen as this was the first time hearing his voice. It was shaky and rough as he was weak and in pain.

"Do you speak English?" Keith asked as he saw on the boys face held many more bruises now.

"Y-yes..." He gulped as Keith looked over his body inspecting the wounds around. His wrist had harsh cuts from the cuffs digging into his flesh and the blood was dried from dripping down his arm.

"Now we're getting somewhere," Keith smirked and the boy stiffened as he started to try getting away from Keith.

"Your one of them you perras enfermizas astutas," the boy grunted as he flexed his muscular arms trying to break the chains off but cried out as his cuffs dug further.

"I'm not a soldier," Keith said sternly. "I'm a mechanic and in the medical field, so calm the fuck down or someone will hear you,"

"Then let me go, my family, my sister... Please," he whispered in defeat.

"Mother and father?" Keith asked more gentle.

"Don't," he hissed and Keith pursed his lips.

"I have to go," Keith wrapped the cloth back on the pipe flicking the lights off leaving the boy alone once again. He closed the door but could hear the boy letting out a soft heavy sob as he mumbled in his tongue and Keith listened feeling guilty.

Rabids weren't dangerous creatures, they're human... Just different.