Buttons

Keith leaned his head against the wooden walls of the bunker as he listen to small chatter but couldn't help but remember the underworld but it wasn't the same luckily, it didn't feel as cold and alone as he was surrounded by many many other people.

He opened his eyes and looked around as he saw Lance in the corner as his hood was up and his hand was gripping his pants tightly and his other hand was gripping something by his neck.

Keith stood up with a small sigh and walked over to the general sliding down next to him.

"You okay?" He asked bluntly as Lance kept his eyes closed.

"What's the matter?" He asked again confused as Lance pealed his eyes open and Keith saw his hand release on a necklace that was tight around his neck.

"Miss the boyfriend?" He tried lightening the mood but seeing lances necklace and pursed his lips.

"It's not that," Lance finally said. "Of course I'll miss him but it's not that,"

"Wanna tell me what it is then?" Keith asked flatly.

"I just wanna get out of here, it's nothing," he whispered as his voice shook slightly not looking up.

"Are you afraid of being underground?" Keith snorted slightly at how someone who's lived with dirt under his feet for all of his life could be afraid of it still even if he's between the earth.

"I haven't always been," Lance spat at him glaring and Keith looked down.

"Sorry," he mumbled glancing around as Lance kept his eyes down.

"It's just being under ground again, being that alone again after all my life of being surrounded by my friends and family and my people," Lance closed his blue eyes again.

"Down here is not where I belong,"

"Down here is where I was raised, but your right, it is lonely, I know what you mean, but it doesn't mean you always have to be alone," Keith nodded.

"I don't have a family, my mother left and I have no idea where my father is, I grew up with Shiro, he's like a brother to me," he admitted and Lance looked at him softly.

"Where could she have gone?" Lance blinked.

"Not sure, no one told me, she never told me, I was still a baby when she left," Keith shrugged.

"Awe lancey needs hugs from his boy toys because he's afraid~" some other teens chuckled and Lance glared up at them darkly.

"Who are they?" Keith nudged him confused.

"Garrison brats," Lance spat flipping them off.

"So polite for a general," the boy cackled and Lance smirked back.

"So rude for a spiff," Lance shot back and other kids laughed at him.

"What's garrisons?" Keith glared at them.

"Just what we call those who are arrogant and think their better, tempting to throw out," Lance bummed.

"Hey you can't do that!" Another kid snapped hearing them.

"Dont give me a reason to try," Lance laughed at them.

"Move on kanhi, we separated from this brat years ago," a girl spat glaring at Lance.

"I moved on to being more than just being in training for years and years, I took charge," Lance hit the ground and they jumped slightly.

"Your lucky a rabid didn't get you," Lance smirked at them and Keith snorted.

"Like the moles got you?" He spat.

Suddenly the garrison boy cried out when Lance slammed him against the wooden wall as it cracked slightly as some people whooped at the excitement and others stood up surprised.

"Watch your tongue garrison," Lance snarled at him as the boys eyes widen.

"Sensitive much?" He gulped a little courage left.

"Dude not cool, you don't know what happened down there," a girl stood up with wide eyes keeping distance between the two boys.

"Oh but I have a good guess," he glanced at Keith who watched not bothering to take Lance off him.

"You think it was fucking paradise? You can join them!" Lance threw him to the ground as the boy gasped as he laid on the ground staring at Lance with wide eyes.

"Wait no general Lance I'm sorry, I take it back!" He cried out looking at him with fearful eyes.

"I know that place like the back of my hand, I know where you'd fit in with those rabids," Keith stood by Lance glaring as Allura pushed her way to them with Matt and Shiro behind her.

"Lance! Keith!" She snapped and Lance took a step back with his hands up.

"Get," she glared back at the boy of the garrison training soldier and they all went to go somewhere else as Lance stood closer to the ladder.

"What the hell?" Allura whispered harshly.

"It's not his fault, they where pushing buttons," Keith defended him as Lance pulled his hood back up and grasped his necklace.

"That doesn't matter, you are a general, act like it-" "they made fun of lances capture by the moles," Keith cut her off and Allura looked at her brother sadly.

"Oh... How are..." Allura sighed trailing off seeing how eager he was to getting out. She hated the fact of this fear her brother had, because she failed in protecting him...  She hasn't even seen the wounds and scars that those horrible day treated him as a prisoner.

"I'm sorry," she whispered and walked away as Lance looked at her confused.

"I'm going to see if it's clear, it's been long enough," Lance waved off Keiths concerned look and began to climb up the ladder not looking back.