One of us

"Your not serious about doing this are you?" Keith walked up to Lance as he was sharpening his short sword sitting in the weaponry.

"What?" Lance looked at him confused.

"Murdering the civilians in the underworld?" Keith scoffed glaring at him as Lance stood and was taller than the engineer.

"Keith if they aren't part of my people or my allies, they don't matter," Lance stated as if it was obvious.

"I thought you where different than everyone," Keith glared.

"Different? Keith I am a warrior, a general, yes I was your prisoner once but-" "you weren't just the prisoner Lance you weren't barbaric, you showed emotions and actual mercy," Keith cut him off.

"I was scared Keith, but this is how we survive, if we where Krispy creams then we wouldn't have survived," Lance explained and Keith rolled his eyes.

"Yes survive this and that I get it!" Keith snapped at him but Lance wasn't fazed.

"But if you for once thought of someone that wasn't yourself then a lot more people would be alive!"

"Keith this is how we live! Because of how many people have died! Now this is how we make sure we keep everyone safe of ones that haven't tried killing us!" Lance snapped finally as Keith glared harshly.

"To us it's like getting rid of a pest infestation with ticks and termites by burning where they started, by the roots... Pun intended," Lance smirked down at him as ducked around Keith grabbing his bow and arrows.

"It just doesn't seem right, all that blood shed," Keith sighed keeping his back to Lance with his arms crossed.

"I've watched villages burn down, people murderer in front of me, friends, p-" Lance cut himself off quickly. "It's happening either way, they don't really care what you have to say Keith, only reason Matts opinion matters is that he's actually showing cooperation for an alliance,"

"I'm going too," pidge walked up as she had her black shirt with baggy brown pants and combat boots.

"Pidge no-" "got a weapon?" Lance asked looking at her.

"No one gave me one," pidge crossed her arms.

Lance tossed her a blade that was half a circle and sharp all around with a handle on the inside. She examined it impressed and smiled up at him hooking it around her belt.

"Your to clean, you'll stand out easily," Lance chuckled ruffling her hair as Keith had wide eyes.

"Seriously?" She gasped as Lance walked past her smirking.

"Can you fight?" He looked back. She nodded.

"Then come on kid," he chuckled as pidge walked to him quickly.

"She's only fourteen!" Keith cried out.

"So? Harper's sixteen," Lance shrugged as pidge stood with him excited.

"I can fight Keith," she smirked.

"Yea but your still to young," he waved her off.

"We start training as soon as we can, it's always around us to fight, oldest is twelve when you begin your training," Lance shrugged. Keith watched them as Lance sat her on the ground and he messed with her hair and began braiding the sides as her bangs fell in her face as the cornrows where braided up into a ponytail on both sides.

"Jesus why do you guys do that?" Pidge traced it with her fingers.

"Saves most of the people the trouble of brushing their hair, unless you have short hair, just fast and easy and lasts a long time, otherwise we have dreadlocks," Lance shrugged as he combed her fingers through her hair to push the remainings to the front of her face.

"Feels weird but like in a good way, what else can I do?" Pidge spun to him excitedly.

"I was going to pierce my ears soon," Lance shrugged as she saw on one of his ears it had two stud metals on the bottom of his lobe.

"Does it hurt?" She paled.

"For a little, it's like a prick," he flicked her shoulder smirking.

"I'm in," she punched the air laughing.

"Your enjoying yourself aren't you up here," Lance stood up and she nodded.

"I feel freer, I was raised down there with rules and limits, only thing that sucks is the technology up here," pidge shrugged as Lance handed her long black fingerless gloves that reached her elbows.

"Mind if I get ya dirty pidge Podge?" Lance knelt to her and she snorted nodding. He smeared black war paint around her right eye and dragged his fingers down her cheeks from her eye and drew a black line across her cheek bone on the left side of her face with his thumb.

"Really look like one of us now, hope that's okay," Lance teased as he rubbed his dirty hands on her exposed arms and dirtied up her clean clothes.

"Gotta fit in somehow," she shot back smirking.

"You gonna stay?" Lance asked.

"If Matt is then I am, same with Shiro and Keith," she nodded crossing her arms.

"Your loyal, that's appreciated, let's see if they stay loyal too," Lance nodded. He looked up and waved wildly at hunk walked over curiously.

"Hey hunk, this is pidge," Lance stood up leaning against her shoulder while hunk looked at her surprised.

"Dude she looks totally bad ass, I'm hunk," he shook her hand and pidge beamed up at him.

"Wanna show her around, I gotta find Lotor," Lance smirked at his best friend and walked away before he could say anything.

"Ooooh Lance is getting freaky again!" Hunk whooped and pidge burst out laughing. Lance walked backwards but looked at them crossing his arms into an X across his pelvis making a kissing sound winking.