Admiring opportunity

"What's going on?" The blind girl cried out as she gripped the dirt under her hands.

"It's acid fog," Keith stated coldly not looking at any of them but saw Lance very stiff near the exit as he wanted out as soon as he could.

"Keith? We all thought you where dead? All of you," a boy itching a rash covering all of his arms.

"That was the point, everything you know about everything, is a lie," Keith glared at him with dark eyes.

"Your rabids..."

"We're soldiers," pidge snapped at them as Lance felt the blind girl gripping his sleeve.

"Your traitors," a kid shot back.

"Yes, we are traitors, but I rather live something worth while then being told I can't do anything because I'm to small or because they said we can't, up here I get to prove myself and have trust in my surroundings," Keith placed a hand on her shoulder before pidge could yell insults.

"Like you, they sent you up because your sick," Keith looked at them and some kids looked down.

"There's only five months of air left, they're being selfish pricks," another kid mumbled.

"We let fate decide when we die, not the wealthy, not the high ranks," Lance stood up and they all gasped seeing he wasn't a savage.

"Last fall, we where attacked as well, my comrade was infected by true rabids, but he still stands today," Lance motioned to Harper who smirked at the teens.

"Sup," he waved and showed the deep bite mark scar on his arm.

"But we also do not tolerate anyone who is unloyal, that is when we decide if they deserve to be safe in my home, or to be damned in true nature," the general smirked and the teens looked around.

"They wanted to kill us far enough from the entrances to the underworld, I'm not even sick," the blind girl crossed her arms sitting.

"Yes you are Margo," a boy whispered.

"I'm blind because down there lacks oxygen and it was to late for me, but I'm not sick," Margo tucked her light blond hair back.

"That's not how a community should be ran, and from what I can hear... There are no rabids nor savages in this... Where are we?" Margo blinked confused.

"It's a bunker,"

"But still, you could've let us die, acid fog, the wild," she listed huddling together.

"You choose on what your going to do, but I have my people to look out for, I'm just giving you all an opportunity," Lance nodded looking at the teens as his troops where against the wall smirking at their general.

----

"Matt hurry!" Allura yelled as she leaped over logs as the fog was catching up to them.

Matt stumbled over something in the ground and grunted looking back seeing it was a handle. He pulled it open and gasped to himself seeing it was bus.

"Allura!" Matt called as she stopped to look at him. He looked at the fog as Allura jumped in and Matt followed immediately just as the fog passed over them he slammed the door shut.

They panted for a breath as Allura crouched down and Matt looking around.

"Think it'll hold?" Allura looked up at the roof exit as she read the latch.

"It's a school bus..." He mumbled walking to the front as his hands touched each of the grey old seats.

"How do you know?" She asked as Matt sat in the drivers seat.

"I watched the films, these are how they transported people to the underworld when the world went to hell... When scientist knew they fucked up on the bomb," he pressed a button and the emergency lights switched on.

"These could hold so many people, there's no way they got cities of people into how many of these to your base," Allura stood next to him.

"There where sacrifices, parents died for their children to live, the arrogant sacrificed the innocent in other cases," Matt looked at her as Allura eyes looked down.

"My great grandmother shoved my grandfather onto one of these, he was caught in the fire, the after math, the toxins, they left him behind," Allura sat in the seats behind Matt.

"That's why I have white hair, it's a genetic thing, Lance even has white in his hair," she laughed softly.

"How do you know your family was left behind?" Matt turned to her, he pursed his lips and sat next to her in the seats.

"I read his journal, that's how altea was built, that's why we find leaving others behind unhonorable," she sighed with her eyes casted down.

"That's why you took pity on me," Matt nodded.

"But a new start is how you survived, the innocent survived in harmony... The arrogant survived and will continue to through the innocent behind for them to succeed," he closed his eyes. Allura rested her head on matts shoulder tiredly.

"What a fucked up world we're stuck in," she mumbled. Matt laughed at her softly.

"A new start was probably the best thing that happened to me, to my family, all because of you," Matt looked at the leader of the clan.

"Kinda ironic if you ask me," she smiled back up at him.

"Yea no kidding," he laughed as Allura smiled softly.

They looked at each other and Allura looked away with her smile dropping.

"What's the matter?" Matt frowned worriedly.

"You look at me like that a lot," Allura shrugged.

"Like what?" Matt blinked confused.

"I don't know, you look at me like that when your across the camp or if I'm discussing matters with Lance or Shiro or even Kolivan," she blushed turning away.

"It's because I admire you Allura," Matt held her chin to make her look at him.

"I'm just like you, there's nothing to admire," she whispered.

"Your everything I could admire, your strength, your leadership, everything about you," Matt brushed her hair out of her face.

"I'm just a rabid," she said frowning at the title she's been called before by his people.

"Your beautiful," he whispered pressing his lips against hers softly.

Matt quickly pulled away burning red as he covered his mouth with a squeak.

"Please don't kill me!" He squeaked as allura's eyes widen in shock touching her lips.

Matt sat there but Allura grabbed the back of his neck and pulled him back for another kiss, he sighed in relief and pushed Allura back with his lips and they fell back onto the seat as Allura held his face as a tear ran down her face.

"Your crying," Matt pulled away wiping away her tear.

"No ones ever told me those things," she laughed embarrassed.

"Because no one should tell you something so obvious," he smiled back and kissed her again as Allura gasped into his mouth.