Escape: part 2

Pidge sat on the couch alone as she held a photograph in her hands as she was curled in a ball waiting for Keith and Shiro to get back. Her eyes hurt from crying since they left knowing she couldn't be judged for her ugly sobs and brutal cussing as she screamed to herself, wishing her brother could be there to hold her. Her only family.

A knock interrupted her grieving thoughts but didn't bother looking up. She knew it wasn't Keith or Shiro as they had a key to the room.

They knocked again.

"What?!" She snapped storming to the door and threw it open only to freeze in he steps. Brown eyes looking down at her calmly and mischievously smirking.  

"Wanna touch the stars?" Matt chuckled.

"Matt..." 

Pidge wrapped her arms tightly around his waist as tears crawled down her face and Matt held her held gently to his body and rubbed her back.

"You didn't think I was dead did you?" He smirked down at her getting to a knee wiping some tears away.

"You've been gone for two days," she sniffled looking at him.

"I know, but we have to go, where's Shiro and Keith?" Matt asked and she looked at him confused.

"What are you talking about?" She asked rubbed her eyes but Matt wiped a stray tear from her face again.

"I was left, the rabids found me and... They brought me back to grab you and the others, we're getting out of this hell hole, we're going up," Matt kissed her forehead smiling as pidge finally understood.

"I don't know, something about the prison Keith was talking about, a hostage," pidge snapped her fingers remembering.

"They're in the R sector then, we have to hurry, Lance would be there, we'll meet the others easily then," Matt grabbed her hand and dragged pidge down the halls.

-------

Lance limped as his arms where around Shiro and Keiths arms but his ears twitched as his eyes widen hearing a bird call in the distance of a bluebird.

He whispered something under his breath in disbelief and relief as Keith looked at him confused but Lance was able to hold himself up and return the call with his hands at his lips.

"What are you doing?" Shiro glared.

"Sending a call, I call it tweeting but it's how we communicate, otherwise we do more of a bird that's not in our territory naturally," Lance shrugged as he hissed moving his wrist. He looked down seeing ripped flesh on his wrist and hugged his torso tightly to hide them but Keith saw tattoos on lances right side of his body from his shoulder and down to his back. It was small X's decorating his back.

"How did your people get down here?" Shiro glared harder as him but they heard footsteps behind them only for Matt and pidge to appear.

"Matt?" Shiro smiled relieved but saw the fear on pidges face seeing Lance. He looked back at them in fear as he stepped back only to hear loud alarms go off and he flinched by the loud sounds.

"What happened?!" Keith yelled over the alarms confused but they heard Lance scream in pain turning to see iverson and ten of his men behind Lance but more importantly the knife at lances throat, already cutting him just a little.

"No le temo a los roedores," Lance growled glaring at him but whimpered his his hair was grabbed again and pulled his head back as the knife dug deeper.

"Deeper it goes you barbaric creature," iverson yelled at him making Lance turn his head and close his eyes tightly.

Suddenly a large hand grabbed iverson and twisted him to the ground as he growled and cried out when a over 6ft figure towered and snarled over him.

"Lotor..." Lance gasped relieved as he heard men screaming and grunting turning to see three girls with blades and guns. Allura looked up and her eyes widen seeing the bloody mess of lances wounds but it was her brother, two days and he was barely holding it together. But he was still alive.

"Lance," Allura breathed as she hugged him tightly and inspected his face quickly but Lance pulled back seeing iverson and Lotor still fighting.

"Lotor come on!" Lance called as Allura wrapped his arm around her shoulders.

"He doesn't deserve to live," Lotor hissed down at iverson gripping his neck. A hand touched his shoulder as he saw it was Acxa who was calm.

"Let him live in fear of us sir, he isn't worth the time," she told him and Lotor glared down at him and stood up immediately running to Lance. Iverson coughed harshly as he grabbed his gun and aimed it at Lance and Lotor but the bullet missed.

"Allura!" Lance reached over Lotors shoulder as she crumbled to the floor.

Shiro knelt down to the queen from above and saw her hesitation glare in her eyes trying to push herself up but the blood oozed from her stomach and she growled grabbing her knife putting it to the mans throat.

"Don't touch me," she spat.

"You wanna switch spots with your soldier?" Shiro asked sternly. She pulled the knife back and Shiro helped her up and cradled her gently as Allura grunted holding her wound.

Lance tried running to her but Lotor caught him only to scooped him up as Lance whimpered in his arms but didn't resist as he made eye contact with Keith for a moment, his blue eyes shut slowly placing his hand over Lotors heart and couldn't help but feel at ease in his lovers arms to pass out unwillingly.

"Up! Come on!" Matt ran ahead as Narti crawled up the ladder like a lizard as Acxa stayed guard with her gun as everyone made it up the ladder to the surface. Lotor held Lance in one arm as he climbed up as Acxa finally followed behind him.

Keiths heart raced as they made it closer and closer to the surface. Matt opened the exit and jumped out helping pidge, then Allura with Shiro then Keith as well.

Keith was blinded by the sun, putting his hand up to block it. He was out. He felt the heat of the sun.