Warning to freedom

"So what's the plan anyways?" Pidge panted as she and Keith where digging around the entrance as she was about five feet down as Keith was taking a water break after he a accidentally ate dirt as they both where covered.

"Dig," he grunted as Pidge peaked up from the hole.

"Till?" She glared.

"We have to find a way in, I'm looking at the blue prints and about twelve more feet till we hit the underworld," Keith looked at papers he stole from when he once lived down below.  He gasped ducking from a shovel.

"I'm not digging twelve feet!" Pidge cried or getting out from the hole.

"This is where Lotor and zethrid escaped, same place we got out with lance," Keith told her flatly.

They both heard the hatch of the entrance being opened from the otherside after hours of trying to get in. It flung open as a boy jumped out but screamed falling into the five foot hole.

"Harper?" Pidge looked in wide eyes.

"Pidge? Keith?" Harper gasped pushing himself up as Keith helped him out.

"What happened?" Keith held him up as Harper panted for a breath leaning against him.

"The moles- they... they let me out, one did, he told me to warn you guys," Harper coughed as his knees shook and was lowered to the ground. He laid against the grass with a long groan.

"I'm never leaving the grass again," he whined.

"Where's everyone else? Warn us about what?" Pidge asked quickly.

"To be ready, they're releasing us all but the empire, we need the medical wings ready, a lot of us are dehydrated, starving and hungry," he gulped as Keith handed him the rest of the water.

"Where lance?" Keith asked worried.

"They took him again, I'm not sure what's happened to him, but the mole said this was his doing, Lance was getting us all out, something about family, but he's alive," Harper explained as they got him back to his feet.

"Come on, we gotta tell Allura, when is this happening?" Keith asked again as he picked up Harper on his back as he slumped against the older boy tiredly.

"Tomorrow, we're all getting out, they sent me cause I wasn't rude or something, just to warn you," Harper told him as he leaned his head against Keith's shoulder.

"You get some rest, we'll be back at camp by the time you wake up," Keith nodded as they started to head back. Harper passed out within seconds.

"There's people helping, I doubt under iverson watch," Pidge walked back with Keith as it wasn't a long walk.

——

"Allura!" Pidge ran ahead as they got to the camp as Keith walked behind her with Harper snoring a little hanging on.

"Pidge what happened?" Allura ran over to her and covered her mouth seeing Harper.

"Is he..." she whispered.

"No he's exhausted," Keith told her and Harper mumbled something tiredly as he peaked his eyes open.

"Cool we're back," he gave a weak thumbs up but Keith gently let him down as Allura helped.

"Harper are you okay?" She asked as he yawned.

"Bruises and cuts, that's all I got since I didn't piss them off," he shrugged.

"... is lance alive?" Allura gulped as Harper looked at her.

"Yea, but he pissed them off a lot," he looked away guilty.

"He's not doing good since Lotor died, he's giving up Allura," Harper whispered and looked over her shoulder.

"Or at least..." he trailed off seeing Lotor walking over with bandages around his torso and stitches.

"Your not dead?" Harper asked as Lotor stood behind her.

"Your not either," Lotor smiled thankful.

"Lance is giving up..." Allura gulped. "He thinks you where killed,"

"The arena, dammit, barely anyone gets out alive," Lotor nodded.

"Harper tell them the warning," Pidge told him softly putting a hand on his shoulder.

"There's moles that are helping us, I don't know who they are but Lance is helping too, they're releasing the alteans, galra and Marmora tomorrow some time... I think it's Veronica," Harper gulped softly as he was starving while holding his stomach.

"Let's get you something to eat, we have a lot to prepare for," Allura nodded as Lotor stayed there looking down.

"Show me where," Lotor looked at Keith and Pidge.

"Same place you escaped, must've fought his way through the rabids seeing those cuts, must've just ran and jumped," Keith nodded.

"Your still healing, you'll need your strength for tomorrow lotor, Lance will need you tomorrow," Pidge sighed putting her hands on her hips.

"I'll send Acxa and Ezor to my base for preparation of tomorrow, we'll need supplies here," Lotor finally said after a moment walking back.

"We need to do something about those fucking moles," Keith glared walking back to the exit they where before.

"Keith we know some of those people," Pidge walked with him.

"Didn't stop us last time, they went to far, taking us all, probably killed some friends, I don't care," Keith had his fists clenched.

"We can't think of revenge yet, let's just get pass tomorrow, I'm sure Allura has a cruel and unusual punishment for what to do next," Pidge smirked up at him as he had a stern look but nodded.