Blind freedom

Harper's dark chocolate eyes where wide with tears glossing over as he watched Lance in the middle of the prison chained down to the ground with his ankles together under him, and his forearms bounded together behind his back as well as another chain around his neck. Lance kept his head down as there where two whip lashes across his back.

"L-Lance..." He rasped.

Lance was his mentor, the one that taught him everything he knows, his leader, his brother... After his dad died when he was still young, Lance taught him how to climb before rabids could get them, then how to fight.

"Lance please," Harper whispered and Lance looked at him over his shoulder.

"Hey bud," Lance offered a painful smile but Harper felt a tear fall down his face.

"Lance we're getting out right?" Lance was always right.

"Yea, the others will find us, we... We have Matt and Pidge, Shiro and Keith," Lance choked on a laugh and looked down.

"Is Lotor really..." He whispered with wide eyes. Lance nodded as one of his own tears fell.

"But we're strong Harper, y-you'll be okay, I promise," Lance panted looking at him with a broken smile and Harper saw his beat up face but kept smiling.

"I know, I trust you... General," Harper smiled gently back and Plaxum put her fingers through the cage that held them all back.

"We all trust you Lance," Plaxum gulped and he nodded.

"He's just a kid," a gruff voice scoffed from the other side of the cages.

"The youngest general you'll meet, did you see him before?" Harper defended as Lance said nothing and kept his eyes on the cage that was once Lotors. He felt vulnerable out in the open, they sickly made him feel safe in a cage.

"All I know he could be a rabid," the man spat.

"I'm guessing empire," Lance chuckled looking at him. The man stayed silent.

"How does it feel for no hope of anyone coming for you, I may be a kid but I'm still a general, there are those who come for me and I will rescue them," Lance smirked motioning to his friends. "You? Your just an ant of a pathetic dirt pile,"

"The empire is strong!" He roared.

"Your crumbling! Sendex will not come for you, victory or death, and I only see you having death with no honor," Lance stated flatly and the man quieted down.

"No loyalty, while kind of clan can call themselves an empire with no loyalty, no ally's," he scoffed but everyone quieter down when a woman walked in with men behind her that held guns as she had a jump suit that was grey and orange.

She went straight to lances old cage.

"Where is the prisoner? He's not deceased," the woman turned back to the soldiers as she had tan skin and dark wavy short hair with bangs that parted and glasses. The men motioned to Lance on the ground.

"You beat him and chain him to the ground? Iverson gives someone a special treatment cause they acted out? That's stupid of him," the woman glared at the soldiers and knelt down to Lance as she inspected him and used her pen to move his chin so he'd move how she wanted.

"Tell me, do you have a name?" She asked with gentleness in her voice and Lance glared at the ground. They're the ones that killed Lotor.

"Im not here to take you away to some gladiator match, just to talk," she said pursing her lips. "Lucky you, word gets around general, so your the first,"

"Come on, you know what to do," the woman stood up and the men grabbed Lance as he was unchained from the ground and forced to walk.

"No!" Harper cried out. "Leave him be!"

The woman stopped as Lance was forced to walk forward but when he saw the scientist making her way to Harper he felt rage bubble in him.

Lance snarled flipping over and behind the men as he used the chain to make them fall when he yanked it. Another man grabbed Lance by the hair and forced him to his knees as the woman stopped and looked at Lance wide blue eyes.

"I'm not here to hurt anyone, most of you are still human," she smiled and looked at Harper who seemed younger when fear was in his eyes.

"Por favor..." Harper whimpered as Lance was dragged out of the room growling and attempts to bite.

"May I ask how old you are?" The woman smiled gently at Harper.

"Fifteen," he rasped, it was a lie, he was sixteen but he hoped it would be more merciful.

"Your just a child..." She covered her mouth slightly with sad eyes.

"I have a friend that's fourteen," he backed away slightly and the woman nodded.

"What's your name?" She smiled.

"Leave him alone bitch," Plaxum smacked the cage to catch her attention.

"I'm Veronica," she said with no hostility in her voice.

"Harper," he gulped.

"I'm glad not all of you are so violent," she nodded and glanced at Plaxum. "Despite the situation,"

"No... I'm a killer, and I'm not sorry for stabbing grown men in the eyes, ripping out their throats, but that was when I was on my own turf, not in a metal hell where there is no hope and no life down here... Now I see why my leader is so terrified..." Harper closed his eyes.

"I'm scared too," he sighed.

"Why is that?" Veronica asked.

"Because no down here is free, and you don't even see it,"