Above

"Can i come with?"

Lance looked to the side as he saw Rachel closing the door behind her as he was leaning against the wall sipping the water.

"Oh yea we have plenty of space in the prison, lots of cages sized for dogs but squeeze people in," Lance hummed sarcastically as she sat in front of him with her legs Cris crosses.

"I mean above..." she whispered and Lance raised an eye brow.

"Do you know what's up there?" Lance asked.

"Anything better than down here," Rachel nodded. Lance almost smiled. Almost.

"Yea? The disease, the weather, winters, animals, rabids, enemies are better? First I've heard that," lance scoffed at her.

"Keith and Shiro are up there and living," Rachel frowned.

"Keith and Shiro are warriors," lance shot back.

"I can fight!" She defended.

They sat there in silence as lance stared at her challengingly. She didn't back down.

"You go up there, your never going to be welcomed back down here, your family, gone, up there you will be harassed for being from down here," Lance explained with a sigh.

"Matt, Pidge, Keith and Shiro proved their worth, Keith is my most trusted soldier, Pidge learned just as any other child would because she's young enough, Matt helps my sister and Shiro proved himself," he pulled a leg up.

"Keith was the one that got me out of here first, he earned my trust, up there you will be starting at the bottom like them all but unlike them, your going to be alone,"

"You won't do a damn thing will you?" Rachel glared. "We're twins, won't they think that I'm like you anyways? Our parents..." Rachel bit her lip looking at him.

"I was raised up there Rachel, I grew up fighting and running up trees, I grew up in that radiation that makes us so different," Lance gritted his teeth together trying not to give in.

"I can fight," Rachel said again.

"Fine, if your so willing to leave your family for up there go ahead, but I can't promise you'll like what you see," lance nodded with a sigh.

"I understand, I know my family will be fine without me, they'll be okay," Rachel smiled a little.

"Why? Why are you so willing to go up there?" Lance narrowed his eyes.

"I want to know the world, I've became a soldier just so I could, but if I could go there without having to shoot someone it'd be great," Rachel breathed a small laugh shaking her head.

"This just feels like an opportunity I shouldn't at least ask for," she looked at him softly.

"You sure?" Lance asked.

"How else are you going to get out of here without someone watching your back?" She smirked.

Lance laughed softly to himself and finally nodded.

"Alright, but first you got to do twenty push ups, if you can't do that then we have a lot of work to do..."

"What?" Rachel whined.

She felt something vibrate in her pocket and grabbed her phone to see Marco texted her.

"Here," she reached in her bag and handed lance a gas mask. "Marco blocked the vents to the prison sector so we'll be clear there but for now the air will knock you out,"

Lance looked at it confused but did so while Rachel put on her own as she held the key for the door.

"Up," Rachel looked at him. Lance pushed himself up holding his side.

"Your getting out of here brother," she smirked as lance let out a breath relieved.

"I'm right behind you,"

——

Veronica walked around the corner as Marco left the engine room open for her as she went to the tanks full of gases. She went to a specific one and put on a gas mask over her mouth as she waited for Marco to send her a text of when the kids have their masks on.

She turned a nob a few times and kicked it a few times to do damage until the machine started to hiss, leaking gas into the air.

"Five minutes, then everyone starts dropping," Veronica smirked running out but gasped seeing iverson walking down the halls looking at a clipboard.

"Dr. McClain?" He looked up at her. "Aren't you suppose with that thing?"

"That thing is my brother," Veronica slapped him across the face glaring. "That's for trying to kill him, more than once,"

"What the fuck? The hell you think your talking about woman?" Iverson held his face. He was about to strike her back but suddenly someone slammed him against the wall and he fell to the ground.

"Me bitch," Lance towered over him with Rachel near by.

"McClain what are you doing?!" Iverson was about to attack lance but the warrior quickly spun him and latch his arms around Iverson neck as he could easily snap it.

"Justifying your sick society," Lance whispered in his ear.

"Lance wait," Rachel reached for him.

"I'm not killing him yet, your going to be watch my people be free, I'm dragging your ass with then I'll kill you," he smirked reached for the gun and tossed it to Veronica.

"Shot him if he tries anything," lance told her and Veronica hesitated but nodded.