↳ ❝HE IS sexy.❞

she rolled her eyes as the words left her mouth. despite constantly pretending to not have any interest in the young english teacher, jay didn't find it smart to deny the irrefutable truth. mr. park was hot as hell, and because everyone else publicly agreed with this fact, she wasn't scared to admit it aloud. she was even certain that mr. park himself knew just how good-looking he really was.

her friends both nodded along and watched her plop a baby carrot into her mouth. hoseok was about to add on to her claim but cut himself short when he saw a figure appear from the corner of his eye. emily, too, widened her eyes at the uninvited man who surfaced behind jay.

"miss parker." and she jumped at the startling sound of his voice. jay cursed internally and closed her eyes, pursing her lips as she realized that she'd done messed up. "could i see you for a moment?"

mr. park turned on the heel of his shoe and leisurely walked away without another word. he halted, however, near the entrance of the cafeteria, crossing his arms as he waited for her to catch up to him there.

jay gulped down her chewed carrot, cleared her throat to regain confidence, and shot her friends a death glare for not warning her that he'd been near. sure, she's called him "sexy" many times before, but her friends weren't aware of this habit, so pretending to be embarrassed was the safest way to avoid suspicion.

she stalled a little, emphasizing her agitation and face-palming herself to properly play her part.

in reality, mr. park had no proof that the "he" jay had referred to was him because, as she had specifically explained about two weeks ago, she also called mr. kim sexy. and even though that had been a straight-up lie, mr. park had fallen for it quite gullibly.

"don't keep your man waiting for too long," emily puckered up her lips and smooched the air with a teasing smirk, and hoseok snorted at the joke.

"i'll kill you both," jay threatened through gritted teeth, sliding her thumb across her neck to insinuate that they'd be dead meat soon for being unbearably annoying.

"oh, hun, you got a little something ..." emily pointed in between her teeth, and jay rapidly brought up her pinky nail to fish out whatever food was staining her cuspid. "ha, just kidding! just go already, coward. we expect to know the tea by tomorrow, okay?"

hoseok clasped his hands to show that he'd pray for jay and her dignity, and the two friends excitedly watched the brunette collect her trash from their lunch table.

"stop looking at me like that," jay scolded them with slight irritation when she noticed their lingering stares.

"sorry, it's just that ... how are you not freaking out about being in a room alone with him?" hoseok absentmindedly wondered. "this one right here would've fainted in an instant," he signaled to emily, who was looking up at her best friend in dramatic awe.

i am freaking out, you gullible fucks! help!

"because it's just a conversation with my teacher, hobi. just 'cause he's sexy doesn't mean i should view him any differently," she rolled her eyes at her friends, huffed, and departed from them without a second glance.

jay smiled proudly to herself after strutting away, realizing that, if she kept acting so casually about the subject of mr. park, no one would be able to figure her out. her actual attraction towards him would remain a secret, and the truth would be kept away from even her own group of friends.