十八

ok i'm kinda unsure about this chapter bc it gets like really heated and all (aka there'll be a mild explicit scene 😬) and idk how to write that kind of stuff. i apologize in advance if it sucks !!

~

↳ ❝YOU LIVE HERE, sexy?❞

though his apartment was small in size, with only one bedroom, one bathroom, and a partial kitchen, it was warm and snug, and it made jay feel all bubbly inside (as though she naturally belonged in it).

the young teacher hummed a response, locking the door behind them without releasing her frail hand, and rushed her to the couch. he took much pride in his simple home because, although it wasn't as large as jay's, he loved the cozy feeling it provided. even jay managed to sense it.

"miss parker," he signaled for her to take a seat on the brown sofa, his fingers twiddling with hers for a moment before he finally (and quite reluctantly) let go. "stay here," he instructed before walking out of the living room. jay leaned back against the couch pillows, patiently awaiting her boyfriend's return, with her small hands reposing over her crossed legs. "i'd like you to meet someone," his voice echoed from the hallway.

jay's lips morphed into an o at that, eagerly bouncing her knees as she anticipated the arrival of a family friend.

the blonde eventually strolled back into view, except he came back holding a multicolored persian cat in his arms whilst lovingly caressing the top of its head. the young feline purred and drooped its eyelids at the soothing massage. jay softly gasped upon seeing her boyfriend's seemingly-innocent pet, standing up in a haste to meet them halfway.

"hey there, kitty-kitty. oh, you're so tiny and cute! yes, you are," jay playfully tickled its fuzzy nose, coddling the fluffball with a high-pitched tone of voice.

mr. park giggled at the way the cat meowed back in blatant approval.

"her name's yuki," he introduced her, the soft words rolling off with his lisp like sweet and tangy maple. "i'm sorry about never mentioning her before. since she's not actually mine, i don't tend to speak about her."

"whose is she?" jay continued fondling yuki's crown and nose as she waited for his answer, not having the slightest clue as to how much that question actually pained him.

"she belongs to my best friend," mr. park responded without a single trace of emotion. "kim taehyung." his jaw clenched. "i was only supposed to take care of her for a couple days while he was out of town, but, um," the blonde's voice faded out as he unknowingly stared off into space. "it's been a bit more than just a couple of days," he mumbled so robotically that it made jay wonder if he was currently undergoing some sort of out-of-body experience.

she stared at him in concern, biting her lip and forgetting for a moment about the cat in his arms.

"how long has it been since he left?" she dared to ask, internally savvying the disappointing reply.

mr. park barely managed a blink.

"three years," he muttered, gliding his fingertips over yuki's backbone and holding back his tears. the gloss in his eyes spoke for his emotions, and the way he numbly stroked the cat's fur was enough to confirm that perhaps the subject of this taehyung guy was too dangerous for them to delve into. jay was about to comment on the alerting cloud of gloom that had fallen upon him, but mr. park vigorously shook his head and returned to reality before she got the chance. "sorry, sorry. i was just, err, um, do you wanna hold her for a moment?"