↳ ❝G-GOODBYE, sexy.❞

he didn't blame her for stammering. even he was astounded by the course of his previous actions. he didn't know why he had felt compelled to play along this time—to tease her back. it only made things more tense and awkward between them, and it only strengthened his yearning to have her safely bundled up in his arms.

he had to stop himself from acting further on his feelings, though. it was stupid of him to think that she could actually feel the same way. he knew for a fact she was mature enough to keep their relationship a secret, because she seemed to be pretty keen on making her flirtation private and unnoticeable, but he wasn't even sure if she wanted to build a relationship with him in the first place.

"miss parker," he stopped her before she could walk out of the classroom, snapping himself out of his train of thought. he hastily approached the two desks at the front, where they had been previously sitting, and picked up the bag that she had unintentionally left beside the foot of her chair. "your backpack," he stretched out his arm so she could take it.

her bottom lip trembled as she extended an arm out towards him.

jay paused for a quick moment to think her movements through, and before her body could chicken out, she tactically placed her hand over his—wishing to test out the silly theory that was currently playing out inside her head.

a short, almost immediate ray of electricity was shared from the impact of their touch, and jay jumped back in instinctive fright, pulled her bag out of his grasp, and sped towards the door.

he likes you. he likes you. he likes you.

the words ran clearly through her mind as she rapidly skidded out of the class.

she's just teasing. she's just teasing. she's just teasing.

mr. park shook his head when his heart began pounding against his chest. she never means what she does. she even told him herself that teasing was her thing. she wasn't serious about it.

or was she?

jay was so good at playing this little game that mr. park didn't know what to believe anymore.

one moment he'd feel some type of connection growing between them, and then the next, she would shrug off the tension as if it had been her plan to create it all along—as if she arranged this scheme just to purposely make him fall.

it drove him insane. it really did.

but, damn, did that quality make him want her even more.

~

trigger warning: explicit assault scene ahead. for those of you who are returning readers, you will find that i have changed the intensity of this scene and the following chapter. i realized you can convey a victim's situation without diving into too much detail, so i've decided to remove parts that are uncomfortable to read for anybody

"it's seven p.m., jay. just get over it and go home already," she told herself as the breeze playfully tousled her brown strands of hair. she was currently fighting her thoughts at the park, night already settled in, and yet she still had no desire to run back home. she had too much on her mind to do homework, or any other chore for that matter. "my english teacher likes me." she shook her head in disbelief. "what the fuck?"