二十五

hey !! i suggest u guys re-read the last three paragraphs of the previous chapter bc it ties in with the ending of this one 😊

~

↳ ❝PLEASE, sexy.❞

the young teacher did not even bother glancing up from his computer screen. it's not that he was angry at her for the heartbreaking set of events that took place two hours ago. he found it rather impossible to direct his infuriation over to his lovely girlfriend. and it's not that he blamed her for having done what she did. he simply felt numb.

his heart had been trampled on, but he felt undeniably dull now. the sadness in his aching soul had revamped into hollowness the longer it loitered inside him. it's like his own body had surrendered to gloom. and, after some time of dangerous contemplation, that same dejection had seeped deeper into his skin and devoured him whole until there was nothing left to suck out.

"miss parker," he muttered before releasing a sharp breath of air and meeting her eyes. "i'm busy right now." and when his stern gaze returned to the email website that he was currently browsing, jay's timid grin faded into thin air.

jay knew he'd be upset. it was expected of her to be treated this way. his cold rejection to her company stung, but nothing she hadn't anticipated.

all she really wanted was some sort of reply—for him to at least acknowledge her presence.

well, he did (very icily) reply.

he was brief, and cutting, but jay was satisfied.

after all, if he had been irrepressibly angry, he wouldn't have responded at all. the fact that he actually spoke to her was enough to render her a sense of hope.

i mean, who knows? maybe he isn't that mad, and this whole mess can be resolved by tomorrow, she gleefully envisioned, a small smile spreading across her lips at the thought.

mr. park, however, refused to look up, in fear that her ravishing, dark green irises would single-handedly bewitch him into forgiving her. he maintained his head hung low as he reached over to the bottom left drawer of his desk.

the action nearly caused jay's heart to crumble, not because he was trying so hard to ignore her (she knew that that was something she entirely deserved), but because she had gained the perfect view of his bruised jaw.

"look what he did to you," jay whispered, blinking repeatedly to clear out the suffusing tears in her eyes. her lips trembled in uncontainable distress—because her worst dread in life was seeing him hurt.

she hastily strolled over to the cabinets beside the chalkboard and slid the miniature doors open in search for some medicinal remedy with which to treat his mild injury.

"jay," he heaved a frustrated sigh when he heard her rummaging through the items inside the cubicle, which was too tall for her reach. "what are you–"

"you're hurt, jimin, and it's all my fault, a-and i-i need to fix it, so let me just," her fingers were trembling too much for her to thoroughly explore the cabinet.

the sight of his blemished skin bothered her. from the way he calmly sat, it seemed like the punch hadn't really fazed him in the slightest. but still. the red mark on his jawline was something jay could not bear to see.