二十一

hey guys!! just wanted to say that it'd be best if you read this chapter with a white background!! unfortunately, neither black or beige work for the images that i put in :/ feel free to change the color after this chappy chap tho !

~

↳ ❝I SAY AN F-MINUS❜, sexy.❞

the silence in the room returned for a quick (almost unnoticeable) instant as the young english professor genuinely considered her suggestion. he continued peering down at the student's typed-up words with furrowed brows and squinted eyes, lips curling upward with evident pride as he breathed over jay's neck.

he loved her,—every single aspect of her,—and that did not exclude her bold, yet adorably silly persona. jay was currently sat atop her teacher's right thigh, legs parted in between it as they both reflectively bit the back of their black pens and gazed down at the ungraded essay before them.

"miss parker," he chuckled when she actually scribbled down the failing letter grade on the top right-hand corner of the student's english paper. "you do know f-minuses don't exist in the grade book, right? plus, they turned in the assignment. the least i can give them, by law, is a sixty percent."

she rolled her eyes at his technicality.

"their thesis statement is all over the place, though! and did you not see what they wrote for their second body? listen, i'm always saying how quality overlooks quantity, but this person just ... typed this out with their ass and decided it was good enough to print. who is this? lisa? hm, suddenly i wanna have a talk with her."

"now, now, jay. i don't want you fighting anyone because we both know you'll be the one getting hurt," he mirthfully dropped his pen, wrapped his arms around her waist, and rested his chin on her slightly-exposed shoulder.

although jay's specialty involved keen utilization of sensuality and mischief,—and a forthright manner of speech,—she never actually sought to cause any trouble.

she knew her weaknesses, those of which included her lack of physical strength. hence, she had always tried her best to stir away from guys with girlfriends, potential abusive targets, or just about anyone who seemed incapable of handling a heartbreak. she didn't want to complicate her life by creating unwanted conflicts with her teasing, especially when she was a tiny and defenseless girl.

of course, now that she'd settled down, she didn't need to worry about being caught in a fight due to her sneaky acts of flirtation. she was taken, and, if the lustful boys at her school weren't able to get her before, they found it even more difficult to attain her now.

the only thing that hadn't changed, though, was her non-intimidating height and her pathetic muscle deficiency.

"yah, are you mocking me?" she gasped with forced indignation and turned her head slightly to her left so that her lips could graze his temple. "how dare you?" a subconscious pout made its way upon her lips at mr. park's playful ridiculing.

"no, no, baby. of course not," he shook his head innocently, causing her entire torso to wiggle along with it, and jay giggled at the tight embrace she was currently trapped in. "it's a new year, okay? i promised to not tease you anymore."

jay rolled her eyes at his shitty resolution—because she clearly remembered him breaking it on the second day of january.

"okay, so, yeah, maybe this person doesn't deserve an f-minus—not because that grade doesn't exist, but because they did submit it on time," jay released a faint sigh. "you know, it really frustrates me when people don't take your class seriously." she crossed her arms around her waist and placed her dainty hands over his larger ones. "you work so hard to make the material enjoyable and intriguing, and sometimes it seems like you put more effort in this class than the actual students, and i hate the way your work is wasted because of their idleness and procrastination. i mean, sure, i'm a senior and all, and i do empathize with their lethargic habits, but–"