十四

↳ ❝GUESS WHAT, sexy!❞

the eager anticipation was clear in the tone of her voice. it was so perceivable, that the young teacher didn't need to think twice about redirecting his gaze over to her. it was seven-thirty in the morning, the sixteenth of november, and the day that marked the first month of their being together.

the blonde professor had been intently perusing a published article online, reading glasses fixedly positioned on the bridge of his nose and his morning coffee sitting beside his mouse pad, but he immediately discontinued his careful studying upon hearing his girlfriend's arrival.

"miss parker," his entire body perked up at her entrance, and jay peeped her head out the door to make sure nobody witnessed her sneak inside. after ascertaining that the hall was clear, she hurriedly shut the door, sprinted over to him, and situated herself on her usual seat—that is, his warm lap. she secured her arms around his neck and crossed a leg over the other. "what am i supposed to guess for?" mr. park questioned as he greeted her mouth with a tender kiss.

"i've got good news," she whispered whilst removing the reading frames from his face so that she could wear them. mr. park stared at her questioningly, and she flashed him a goofy look (crossing her eyes and sticking out the tip of her tongue) once his glasses were successfully on her face. "so, guess," she exhorted with an encouraging smile.

mr. park sat pensively, pursing his lips and attempting to read her mind, all while jay toyed with his blonde strands of hair. he continuously swiped his tongue over his lips, and when he failed at decoding the meaning behind her expression, he gently grabbed the sides of her head and bumped their foreheads together as if that would help transmit her thoughts over to his mind.

he defeatedly sighed when that wasn't successful, either.

"does it have something to do with your trial?" he furrowed his eyebrows, and her face fell as she recalled her ongoing visits with her lawyer. jay shook her head in silence, and he enclasped her waist as comfort. "um, do your parents finally know about us?" again, she glanced down in shame as she denied his inference. "oh! is it that you bought a new perfume?" he gasped, but the brunette only groaned in annoyance at that. "i'm kinda running out of ideas here, babe."

"well, now that you brought up those other things, my news doesn't sound as thrilling anymore," she heaved an indignant huff and retracted her arms from the nape of his neck.

mr. park's mouth fell agape at her accusation (inwardly exclaiming that she was the one who urged him to guess in the first place!) but refused to scold her for unfairly pinning him blame.

"no, baby, come on. tell me. i promise i'll pretend to be excited even if i'm actually not," he jokingly insisted, but she snapped her face to the side and ignored his plea. "miss parker," he poked at her sides because he knew damn well that his playful fingers were one of her weaknesses. a smile almost broke out on her lips as he continued to tickle her, but her scowl persisted. "jay," he hummed, giving up on his handwork and instead focusing on the power of his legs.

jay continued to exaggerate her irritation, avoiding his eyes and pouting with convincing pique. she loved the way he'd always go out of his way to make her smile again, even if her justification for being "upset" was unreasonable.

she didn't plan on breaking character anytime soon, though, truly believing that she could keep up her vexed act for a bit longer.