十二

brace urselves !! this chapter is quite long 😬 but it's actually one of my favorites idK why

~

↳ ❝HEY, sexy!❞

jay squealed when she recognized the blonde bundle of hair from a distance. it's been nearly two days since she last saw mr. park. she'd been too preoccupied with resting off her trauma and mentally readying herself to meet the prosecutor who'll be taking on her case to schedule a secret meeting with her teacher. the two had made it official over the phone, and jay couldn't have been more eager to finally see him in person again.

by this time, the rumors of her situation had already diffused all over town. mr. park had been exhausted by all the awed stares and inquiries made by his nosy students yesterday. but now that he was finally reuniting with his quirky girlfriend, he felt much less overwhelmed. only, the two weren't on school grounds this time. they were in a more serious—and perilously stricter—setting: the police station parking lot.

"miss parker!" he called out in return as he watched her eagerly sprinting towards him with a velvety grin plastered on her delicate face.

the soft pitter-patter that rung in his ears, he realized, was a result of his own heart's palpitation, and he couldn't help but wonder how on earth he had so zealously (and quite foolishly) welcomed her into his life.

the thick and sturdy walls that he had built around himself these past three years were beginning to crack—and the mere thought of letting his guard down daunted him senseless.

but as his frail body watched her approaching image, his vehement gaze fixed on the brightness of her smile, he found himself prepared to deal with the consequences of opening up to her.

at this point, it didn't matter to him if his walls crumbled to pieces. he was willing to destroy them himself if it meant granting jay parker an entrance to his soul. he'd be fine with exposing himself to the dangers of this world—the same dangers that created his cold and mistrusting nature—as long he had the privilege of having her in his arms and calling her his (and his only).

time decelerated.

the movement of her jogging legs became slow and prolonged in his eyes, brown strands of hair flowing back graciously against the breeze of her speed and smile gradually widening as she grew nearer to his frozen body. he closed his eyes as his heart relished the booming echo of her slow-motioned footsteps.

and then she reached him, with predominant fervor, and the force of her momentum caused him to step back and catch her in his arms.

she heavily panted into his ear as her body collided with his own, arms thrown around his neck in impassioned desperation and legs wrapped around his in perfect entwinement. mr. park instinctively pressed their chests together, reuniting the two hearts that had melancholically longed for each other, and embraced the curvature of her waist as he spun her around with overriding joy.

"i missed you, mr. park," her giggle echoed through the semi-empty lot, and she tightly gripped the hem of his dark blazer to prove her point. she lightly pecked his cheek when he finally loosened his hold on her, and the blonde stifled a grin as he peered down at her shorter figure.

"i missed you, too, miss parker," the young teacher whispered in her ear and briefly browsed the lot. "how are you feeling?" he faltered, remembering why they were both at the police station in the first place.