↳ ❝WHERE ARE YOU, sexy?❞

she whispered into thin air as warm, salty tears slipped down her face. the last thing she wanted was to boost the depraved lunatic's ego by giving up, so her conscious snapped her back to reality and encouraged her to continue crying out for help as she had been for the past five minutes. the hand firmly placed around her neck prevented her voice from reaching too loud a level, but she still shouted as if her life depended on it.

jay knew she had three choices: fight, flight, or freeze. the second was clearly not an option because her attacker doubled her size and was holding her down with all his might to prevent her from slithering away. the third wouldn't help her in the long run despite every nerve in her body begging for her to give up. ultimately, the only thing left for her to do was fight. she was convinced someone would be miraculously passing by and hear her cries. she prayed someone would ... anybody.

"miss parker!" the recognizable voice jumpstarted her hopes, and she quickly resumed punching the degenerate fumbling with her pant buttons as hard as her fists allowed. she doubted for a moment whether her english teacher's presence was actually real or simply a figment of her imagination, but she realized she had no space in her mind to question it. her heart pounded louder in its ribcage as her expectations heightened, praying on every deity possible that she wasn't going insane.

the pressure around her neck stopped.

mr. park had gripped the hem of the younger boy's shirt and yanked his body backward without a second thought. the boy landed a few feet farther than what mr. park had anticipated, but, at this point, he was too infuriated to care about his uncontrolled strength.

jay curled herself on the ground, tugging her knees closer to her chest, and sobbed in relief as she realized the boy was no longer restraining her.

"what's your problem, man? can't you see i was in the middle of–"

but the young teacher connected his sharp fist to the boy's cheek before he could finish that sentence.

the boy instantly fell back to the ground, and mr. park's rage became even more indomitable.

he pummeled the teenager's eyes, cheekbones, jawline, and the sides of his nose (the most painful area of them all), and when he tired himself from that move, he began slamming down his clasped hands onto the vulnerable student's face. dark blood immediately effused from his broken nose and mouth, bruises formed on every inch of his face, and, finally, the despicable youth lost all consciousness.

the boy was no longer recognizable, his eyes swollen and crimson-colored from the impact, his lips cracked open, and his mandible impaired.

mr. park heaved a sigh as he fully inspected the damage he unwittingly imposed, wondering if he had perhaps taken his aggression a bit too far.

but then he heard the faint sniffling of jay parker from afar, and his anger clouded his judgment yet again. he no longer regretted what he had done.

he scurried over to jay's quivering body, gallantly crouching down beside her and tranquilizing her with tender susurrations that he hoped would ease her mind. subconsciously recognizing the sweet sound of his voice, jay threw her desperate arms around his neck and continued to mourn out her distress. he didn't hesitate in hugging her back, sliding his hands underneath her body and standing up with her safely upheld by his arms.