二十

it's a long chapter, just a heads up !! it's VERY important tho so read carefully :')

~

↳ ❝WAIT, WAIT, sexy!❞

the usual nickname for him slipped right from her tongue as she skidded towards the doorway. the word had been subconsciously said. and who could blame her for it? she'd gotten so used to calling him sexy that it was natural to her vocabulary now.

the two males standing at the door turned to jay with wide eyes, one wondering who she had referred to and the other hoping she would quickly fix her slip-up. jay, realizing what she had blurted out as soon as she said it, purposely locked eyes with her blue-haired cousin—indicating that she'd been calling out to him—and threw a friendly arm around his shoulders to make her "intentional" regard for him seem more believable.

"miss parker," the teacher cleared his throat after charily eyeing the firm hold she had over yoongi's slouched body.

the blue-haired boy was too baffled to react in disgust about her random act of affection.

despite being family, the two cousins never considered hugging a normal thing to do in their bittersweet relationship. they weren't close to that extent. but yoongi didn't shrug her off of him. he didn't even question why she had called him "sexy."

yeah, i am sexy, he pridefully told himself, smirking at his own ego (which, as jay liked to note, was larger than his forehead).

if only he knew that the word hadn't originally been meant for him, but for the blonde professor standing outside the house with a peculiar glint outlining his seraphic essence.

"i-i, um, i brought pasta," mr. park awkwardly scratched his ankle with the side of his opposite shoe and upraised the plate in his hands so that jay could focus on it.

the brunette swallowed her nausea and nodded timidly at him, slowly releasing yoongi from her falsely-amiable embrace and cautiously taking the covered platter from mr. park's grasp.

she inadvertently touched his cold fingers in the process, and her eyes widened when she came in contact with their abnormal frigidity.

"mr. park, your hands. god, you must be freezing. please, come in," she hurriedly urged him to enter the warm and snug living room—the way a good hostess was supposed to do—and shut the door with her leaning weight once he successfully stepped inside.

yoongi remained frozen, as though imitating an actual effigy of himself, and narrowed his eyes at mr. park's casual countenance.

the teacher seemed to carry out his actions with a hint of unusual kindness,—unusual because mr. park was widely known for his inept sense of compassion and friendliness,—and yoongi found it strange.

mr. park was not an outgoing person. everyone knew this. as emily had passively put it, he was "a dick to everyone" (except to jay, of course), and that wasn't even an exaggeration.

prior to meeting jay, he himself didn't know if he was capable of feeling anything at all. the man used to be physically unable to smile, and this fact led people to believe him stone-hearted.

seeing a nicer—and much more lively—side of him bewildered yoongi to no end. it left him wondering if the man's heartlessness had all been part of a contrived façade this whole time.