二十四

↳ ❝WHAT'S GOING ON, sexy?❞

it was the mass of chattering students gathered along the school's corridor what caught her attention. she'd been waiting in the main office for a printout of her academic transcript when the loud commotion first began, so coming out to find an ocean of students frantically pushing each other around really surprised her.

the mob was obstructing the way, and had it not been for mr. park's distinguishable bundle of hair, jay would've already gotten lost among the overwhelmed horde. the young professor was the farthest from the front (the closest to her approaching body), so she reached his side without much struggle.

"miss parker," he whispered back—though the collective murmurs of the rabble were loud enough to block out their voices. "students are just being nosy," he laughed nervously as he watched jay stand on her tippy-toes to try to catch a glimpse of whatever was causing this uproar.

"are the obamas here or something?" jay innocently pried, squinting her eyes at the closed entrance and wondering why the frenzy had started in the first place.

"no," mr. park chuckled lowly, flaunting the widest smile he's ever publicly expressed.

he was truly set on putting jay's words into action. she had advised him to practice loosening up to others without feeling guilty about it. he shouldn't feel ashamed of being happy. he had every given right to be. if he constantly smiled in front of others, he would eventually become comfortable with it.

nobody was looking their way, though, so his adorable eye smile and toothy grin went by unnoticed. his beam withered as he secured a hand around her wrist and fixedly stared at her familiar features.

"let's just go, miss parker," he gave her arm a gentle tug towards the opposite direction of the assembled students, and jay furrowed her eyebrows.

but i wanna see, she internally whined, turning her head to glance at the front doors again and wishing to know who or what was behind them.

jay spotted her group of friends in the midst of the crowd.

she saw emily's short figure being pushed up against hoseok's side as a result of the desperate teenagers trying to make their way to the front.

emily, who was not in the mood to deal with anyone's bullshit today, warned the insensitive bastards that if they dared to shove her again, she wouldn't hesitate to slash off their dicks from their tied-up bodies, chop them up into perfect cube slices (because she liked her "organization and shit"), and gladly shove the squared-shaped pieces of their flesh down their throats.

let's just say it was a good enough threat to leave her untouched for the rest of the school year.

even hoseok took a step back from her ... just for safety measures.

jay strived to reach her friends, attempting to shimmy her way through the closely-packed bodies in front of her, only to bounce right back against mr. park's chest. he held on to her waist protectively and restrained her from slipping away again.

there was no available gap anywhere. it was pointless for her to even try to get through.

"jay, we need to go to my classroom now," mr. park demanded more pleadingly this time, and jay perked up at his assertive command.