二十八

↳ ❝THAT'S REAL FUNNY, sexy.❞

she forced out a dry laugh after hearing his version of the story, scratching the side of her sleeve and vigorously shaking her head in disbelief. the couple had been standing in front of each other, in front of her locker, and in front of the eyes of her classmates.

normally, they wouldn't have dared to interact while others were around, especially not when those people were nosy. however, because the subject was too serious to be postponed until lunchtime, they found it necessary to talk about it now, no matter what audience they attained.

"miss parker," the blonde ran his fingers through the roots of his hair in evident frustration. "i'm being completely serious. believe me, i wish wasn't, but i am."

jay couldn't bring herself to accept it.

she simply couldn't.

she wanted to think that fate had stayed by their side, that it prevented her father from discovering who mr. park really was, and that everything was fine. she wanted to think that emily didn't accidentally rat out mr. park, and that her dad went home this morning without suspecting a single damn thing. she wanted to think that her dad was still oblivious to the truth—because she wanted to be the one to reveal it to him herself.

"are you sure he heard her call you 'mr. park'? he's sometimes kinda deaf. i mean, you've seen how loudly he turns up the volume when he watches his sports. so, are you one-hundred percent sure?" her teeth nervously preyed on the sides of her fingernails.

jay noticed a freshman couple observing her and mr. park from across the hall. the menacing glare displayed on her face, which was more bitter now than usual, managed to frighten the two kids away. but because the stares directed over to them were inevitable, they only kept multiplying. people were just amazed at the fact that mr. park was talking to someone. the sight was strange enough as it is, so it obviously captured everyone's attention.

although mr. park had become much more outgoing and good-humored with his students over the past few weeks, this was the first time he was seen having a one-on-one conversation with somebody outside his classroom. so, people couldn't help but wonder what he was speaking with jay so secretively about.

passing period was nearly over, meaning that the two lovers had approximately two more minutes to finish speaking with each other before the fifth-period bell would ring.

mr. park had already spilled the tea on everything that occurred in the main office earlier this morning.

within the first few minutes of passing period, he informed jay about his random encounter with her father (without skipping a single detail), handed her the homemade spaghetti, and overwhelmed her with the news of their reality.

"jay, he heard her loud and clear. he was confused out of his mind. i didn't speak until the dean called me in, and that's when i left them both alone. who knows what they could've told each other after that! he could've asked emily why she called me 'mister,' and then she could've been like, 'because that's what students are supposed to call their teachers, duh' and then he would've realized. or, or, or ... she could've asked him how he and i knew each other, and he could've casually told her that it's because i'm dating you, and then she would've realized. either way, somebody found out something, i'm sure of it."