十一

↳ ❝PSST ... sexy.❞

she cautiously poked his cheek in an attempt to wake him up. the young teacher, however, was not at all startled by the tenderness of her touch, nor did he budge from the sound of her voice. that's when she decided to flick him.

the sleeping man only scrunched up his face at the sensation, but rather than turning away from her, he embraced her waist tighter and drowsily rubbed his nose against the crook of her neck.

"miss parker," he whined, wishing to keep her safely wrapped up in his arms forever without having time interrupting their bliss. he checked his wristwatch through squinted eyes and groaned when he made the time out to be 4:30 a.m. "mmm, it's too early," he grumbled as he closed his eyes to fall back asleep.

"my parents are gonna get here soon," she nudged his ribcage, but mr. park still did not release her. "unless you want to meet them. you can tell them all about how we met, what you do for a living, and why you thought it'd be a good idea to sleep with me," she teasingly rambled on, and the tired professor's eyes shot open at that.

he eventually sat up, slipping off the bed with blatant grumpiness. the amused brunette observed the way he groggily walked back to his chair and slumped against the surface of the seat with a pout.

"i did not sleep with you, miss parker," he clarified, as if it'd make a difference to tell her this. "i slept next to you."

"same shi–" she stopped her own profanity, lip quivering as she remembered what had happened the last time she swore.

her smile faded as her mind flooded with painful reminders of the last night's events.

the boy had told her to stop cussing, and because she chose to disobey his absurd command, she was forced to endure the brutal consequences. she gently traced the skin around her neck that had been bruised by his hands, a visual of her gasping for breath causing goosebumps to form over her arms.

stop thinking about it, her conscience scolded her. think only happy things.

jay's eyes darted back to mr. park, who sat with crossed arms and head hung low in the lonely chair across the room. a soft grin slightly strung out upon her lips at the sight of his napping figure, and when she heard the sound of the rattling doorknob, she threw herself back on the pillows again and feigned unconsciousness.

"it's a case of assault, dr. han. thankfully, no rape, but she suffered a lot from her attacker holding her down," she heard a voice from outside the room. "the witness has stayed with her all night. not once has he moved from his seat." the two healthcare workers walked into the dimly-lit room, fortunately finding mr. park resting on the metallic, visitor's chair. "see?"

there was a sigh.

"tell him to go home and rest. she'll be fine here without him," the physician nodded at his own remark. "the police will call him in soon, anyway." and after picking up some pending data sheets from the table beside jay, the stern man left the sterile room.

amber, jay's kindhearted nurse, walked over to mr. park and shyly tapped his left shoulder.

"sir," she pestered until he shook himself awake. "sorry to wake you so early in the morning, but the doctor has ordered me to send you home." mr. park wearily glanced at jay's "sleeping" body and uncomfortably shifted in his seat. "we'll take good care of her. don't worry," amber reassured him with a gentle smile.