二十三

it seems like everything i write in this book is LONG af now 🤦🏻‍♀️ but, in my defense, this is the *cough* climax *cough* so i needed to try extra hard. am sorry for being lik this 🤧 read carefully and enjoy!

~

↳ ❝CAN'T SLEEP, sexy?❞

the sound of her voice jolted him out of his pensive trance. the man robotically blinked at the inquiry and turned his head on the bed pillow to face her. he drew in a series of breaths, gradually returning to reality as he took in her sleepy image.

the two lovers had been silent prior to her question, as it was way past their bedtime and they had bid each other "goodnight" hours earlier. mr. park decided to stay awake and meditate for some time, though, anxiously anticipating the arrival of the eerie witching hour. he made no sound, no movement, no bodily reaction to his provoking thoughts, so how jay knew that his eyes were open he did not know.

"miss parker," he murmured back, noticing the gleam in her tired, glossy eyes within the darkness of his room. he engulfed her slender waist under the warm bed sheets and hauled her closer to his pounding chest. "everything's perfectly fine," he assured her with a weak head nod.

jay warily stared back, still attempting to fight off her overpowering exhaustion.

however, she refused to fall back asleep now, especially after picking up the uncertainty in his voice. it was rather obvious that he was not "fine" at all, and it humored her the way he thought she could be so easily deceived.

"jimin," she whispered softly, relishing the way she fit so perfectly in his arms, and gulped upon seeing his vulnerable guise. "don't lie to me."

the digital clock beside their bed announced the time to be 2:59 a.m., and mr. park squeezed her petite figure tighter as he shut his eyes and awaited the nostalgic symphony that would soon engulf his bedroom from the outside.

jay inaudibly choked at the tight pressure that confined her, and she buried her face in his white t-shirt to restrain a whimper.

"j-jimin," she scrunched up her face at the unfamiliar form of embrace, blatantly confused with the way he held her so dolefully—with profound necessity. "you're squishing me."

"shush, baby," he brokenly sighed, and jay's throat constricted at the sound of his heartbroken plea. "just listen," his hot breath grazed past her exposed ear, and she shuddered at the slithering sensation.

although entirely baffled by his instruction, jay raised her head and attentively focused on the deafening stillness of her surroundings.

nothing.

his command was rather pointless, in her opinion, considering there was no sound (aside from their sharp exhalations) interrupting the bedroom's silence.

she was so close to commenting that there wasn't anything to "listen" to, but the protest got caught in her throat and swallowed down the moment the clock hit 3:00 a.m.—the moment the sleeping neighborhood became dulled and charmed by the shrilling whistle of a speeding train.

mr. park and jay's eyes were fixed on each other, bodies turned towards one another, as the railed vehicle announced its passing, and an indomitable teardrop escaped the corner of mr. park's left eye, landing and seeping through the layered pillow beneath his resting head.