三十

warning: 3-month time skip and very longgg chapter 😬😬😬

~

↳ ❝OW, MY FEET HURT, sexy.❞

she strategically held her phone in between cheek and shoulder whilst carefully fastening the heel buckle around her left ankle. it would've been much simpler to have her boyfriend, who was also preparing himself for the fancy occasion, on speakerphone. but she liked having the device right next to her ear. it somehow made her feel closer to him.

it was nearly six in the afternoon, and her father had offered to drive her to the dance before leaving for work. considering he was the only ride option she had,—because she couldn't be seen exiting mr. park's vehicle without it causing suspicion—she had no other choice but to accept her dad's proffer. mr. park had arranged for them to meet up at the back of the locale, where no one would be able to see them.

"miss parker," she heard the echo of his raspy chuckle through the crackling speaker, and she found herself grinning idiotically along with him. "you haven't even left your house yet and you're already complaining about the height of your heels."

jay bit her bottom lip, tweaking her appearance with the help of her bedroom mirror and snatching her awaiting coat from the edge of her bed.

"hey, don't judge me! i haven't worn heels in months. the saddest part, though, is that these are wedges. they should be the easiest things to walk on, but i literally just put them on and i'm already tired of them. i'm so disappointed in my soles," she huffed, somewhat limping like a newborn deer as she strolled out of her room.

jay was just about ready now, and after a couple moments of cheesy "no, you hang up"s, the phone call eventually came to its dreaded termination.

yeona, being the typical asian mother who wished to capture some fine ass photographs of her young daughter's beauty and effortless sophistication, forced jay to pose in front a wall. and although jay had initially protested against it, she swiftly acceded to the demand and gazed into the camera with poise and bold seduction—you know, the way vogue models do.

jay left the warmth of her home right afterward, as she was already running late for her and jimin's meeting time, and she shuddered as an army of goosebumps formed on her exposed arms.

she shrugged on the cardigan that matched with her plum-toned dress and scurried to her dad's jeep.

the man had been jamming out to his favorite 90s tunes when jay slipped into the passenger seat, drumming his fingers on the top of the steering wheel to the beat of the song and voicing out his (inaccurate) knowledge of the lyrics.

jay giggled upon witnessing her father's teenage-like performance, and she lightly pushed his shoulder to snap him out of it.

they arrived fifteen minutes later, only to find the parking lot swarmed with cars of arriving students and their dates.

"have fun at prom, sweetie. but try to keep your mouth off of jimin's, or else the authorities might finally arrest you tonight," he purposely teased as he pulled up beside a sidewalk near the entrance of the building, and jay scoffed at his insensitive sense of humor as she unbuckled her seatbelt.

"i do whatever the heart wants, dad," she playfully replied and pecked his cheek. "i'm staying at jimin's tonight, but he's bringing me back early in the morning, so don't worry. i'll call you if anything happens. oh, wait, you'll be at your shift. never mind, i'll call mom."