A changed man

~+~Your POV~+~

After having gone to bed, I actually had a good night of sleep. It's been a while... Though some hyper red haired girl had to wake me up.

Ruby: (y/n)!!!! WAKE UP!!

This got me jumping up from my sleeping bag

(y/n): What's the emergency?!

She just stood there with the biggest smile on her face.

Ruby: Nothing~ I just had to wake you up, or we'd be late for the field trip.

I tried giving her a death-stare, which disappeared very quickly as she faked looking sad. WHY is she so damn cute?!

(y/n): You're very proud of yourself for waking me aren't ya?

Ruby: No, but I wouldn't have enjoyed the trip without one of my first friends

That hurt a little, dafaq? Why did that hurt? Why do I not know this feeling? Ruby seemed to notice my troubled face and ducked so that she could look me into the eyes. This led to her being awkwardly close to my face... We both stared into each other's eyes for a moment until we both looked away blushing.

After our little 'stare-down' I got changed into my combat gear. In the bathroom might I add. After that we walked towards the others.

Ruby: Ready?

(y/n): Yep!

Ruby: Then let's go!

(y/n): *silent* Why'd it have to be this day that I actually got some good sleep...

Ruby: Probably because yesterday you went ham on Cardin.

(y/n): I doubt that... Might be that I was pumped for today, though.

Ruby: That's probably it! I had that same feeling, but it caused me to wake up early.

While talking we didn't realize that we had almost arrived to the rest of the teams.

Guy: Sup.

Ruby: Morning!

(y/n): Good morning!

Weiss: You're late...

(y/n): Sorry... My bed was very comfortable tonight.

Weiss: Hmpf

(y/n): Aw, I'm sorry. Did I interrupt your beauty sleep by not waking up?

Weiss: Why you!

(y/n): Just kidding!

I had a small laugh together with yang. Guy just stood there, happy that I made a joke to Weiss, while Ruby and Blake didn't really care.

Yang: Come on, Weiss! Take a joke.

(y/n): I didn't even mean it to be hurtful... It was just a joke.

Weiss: Just this once, but no more jokes about or against me!

(y/n): *gulp* Yes m'am.

~+~Time Skip~+~

We had arrived in the forest of Forever Fall. This place REALLY lives up to its name. Not sure how seasons work here though... We were all following miss Goodwitch. But while following me and Ruby where running everywhere to adore the beauty of this place.

Ruby: OH MY GOD! IT'S SO PRETTY!!

(y/n): WHY DID I NOT KNOW THIS PLACE?!

While me and Ruby were still running around admiring the beauties of the forest professor Goodwitch continued her story.