Looking for answers

(y/n)'s POV

The next day during class, everybody was trying to stay awake while Port told his infamous stories. This time he was bragging about how he singlehandedly beat exactly ONE Beowulf... Yep, quite heroic indeed, for a toddler.

Weiss: *whisper* Ruby! Could you stop falling asleep?!

(y/n): She's right. Port WILL give detention if he notices you're asleep.

Ruby hung half asleep on my shoulder. As cute as it was, I don't think Port would think the same. Perhaps he'd even give me detention as well...

Ruby: (y/n), I can't help it. His stories are just that boring.

(y/n): What on Remnant am I going to do with you?

Guy: Knowing you? Probably take her out to dinner, but I doubt that's what you meant.

Then, out of nowhere, Jaune comes sliding in next to Weiss to, probably, try another one of his cheesy attempts to ask her out. Does he really not see Pyrrha, who has literally been staring at him for half the lesson.

Guy: It appears we get to see something interesting after all.

Jaune: So, Weiss. Y'know, I-I was thinking about, uh, maybe after this, we could grab a bite to eat? *turns towards Port*

Weiss: *looks uninterested to her nails.*

Jaune: And, uh, I've got two tickets to that new Spruce Willis movie. If you wanna make the trip to Vale, I heard it's awesome.

He pauses as Weiss still doesn't even acknowledge his presence.

Jaune: And, maybe after that, we could study together? I mean, you're smart, and I'm uh ... you know.

Nice try buddy, but I doubt she'll go. Neptune already caught her attention. Then the bell rang signaling the end of our class. When the class heard the bell rang, EVERYONE literally shot up from their seats.

Port: And then I ---Oh, it seems I timed that one wrong. Well, the stunning conclusion to the story will have to wait till next class. You are dismissed!

Jaune: Weiss? Did you hear me?

Weiss: *Looking away from Jaune* No, no, no, yes. *walks away*

(y/n): *whispering* *shivers* Damn, that was cold...

Guy: I don't think I'd ever dare creating water near her heart... That was stone cold!

Weiss: *screaming back* I heard that!

Everyone walked towards Jaune to give him his pat on the back. He seemed to slightly cheer up, so Yang decided to add a little extra encouragement.

Yang: One day.

With that everyone else left the classroom and headed towards their dorms, except for Guy. He joined us in our dorm, leaving JNPR with a "it's a team thing" excuse. He had already switched his outfit back towards his normal clothes, with a little twist, though. He left his pendant in his dorm, and for a change wore nothing around his neck. He grabbed a pair of black gloves and put them on, as well as adding a bright shiny thing to it. When in our he played with it and twisted it around in his hands. It was a small cube that was connected to his pocket.

(y/n): Hey man, what's that?

Guy: Remember our little project we worked on during the semester break?

(y/n): Yeah, I do. But you said that it would take at least a few more months until could make it perfect.

Guy: I do, it's still not perfect. But your research with the molecular expansion gave me another idea.