A much needed talk

Ruby had found (Y/n) blacked out in the room next to Weiss's bed. She'd thought none of it, since the boy was known to overwork himself. Despite his lack of the need to sleep he passed out of exhaustion quite a lot. What he did, god knows, but he was pretty busy with it. The young girl gave a small smile before grabbing a blanket and a pillow, which she placed to create a makeshift bed for her boyfriend. She let the boy rest and left the dorm.

After a while (Y/n) finally woke back up. His headache now gone. He hadn't opened his eyes yet, but he felt the obvious change in comfort from before. He remembered sitting on a bed and then black. But now his head is laid upon a comfy pillow while a blanket covers his body. He figured one of the members of RWBY had found him made a more comfortable place for him to lay.

His thoughts were still all over the place. His previous conversation still bothering him. Is it truly wrong to want to save people? To do good? Is that even good? Every possible question popped up, and he couldn't answer any of them

{Guy's POV}

After leaving Ozpin's office, it seemed like a good idea to take a look at what Yang is doing. And oh boy was I wrong. Here's a small rundown of what happened.

I found Yang playing with a laser pointer. Said laser pointer was used, not to point at something, but to bother a certain raven haired cat faunus. Blake was just reading a book, like usual. Despite her obvious lack of sleep and shortage of energy she looked ... Yeah honestly, she just looks like she could pass out any moment now. The bags underneath her eyes have bags. She has difficulty focusing on her book. She just looks like she's the one who got forced to have extra lectures at the cost of countless hours of sleep, instead of me.

But back to what happened. Yang had used the laser pointer as obnoxious as possible. It's a surprise she hadn't aimed it at Blake's eyes yet, cause that's the ultimate 'get f'ed'. Positives on doing that would be guaranteed attention. Negatives include a possibility to blind our beloved feline friend and if that's not happening, which I hope it won't! you have a angered Blake coming to scratch you. It's Yang, so she should tank right through, but still. Scratch marks are a pain (badum tss).

"Ya know, Yang, this just might not be the best way to get her to follow you" I said from behind her. She doesn't even turn around to respond, "Of course it is! Look, she's already heading this way" Like the gods had heard her, Blake actually came right towards us. I can't believe this actually works... Only in fiction...

Blake angrily made her way towards us. Well, angry. More like agitated. "Why are ---" Yang immediately interjected, "We need to talk" And not a second later I find myself and Blake getting dragged towards another classroom. I nab the teacher's seat, because it's clearly more comfortable. Plus wheels!

"Yang, if you're going to tell me to stop, you may as well save your breath." Blake states. Yang leans on the desks and crosses her legs, "I don't want you to stop. I want you to slow down" Blake paces around with her arms still crossed, clearly annoyed. "I don't have the luxury to slow down"

"I'm stopping you right there. Have you taken a good look at yourself? There's nothing luxurious about slowing down anymore. You need a good rest, you're worn out. If you go on like this, well I don't know what will happen, but it won't be nice. I can tell you that much" I state while still spinning around in the chair. "See? Slowing down isn't a luxury. At this point it became a necessity" Yang adds.

Blake interjects, "The necessity is stopping Torchwick" I sigh, "And you really doubt we will? You aren't the only one busy with finding ways to stop him. (Y/n), me and even Oz have been going over this more than you think. Trust me when I say this, you are not alone in this"

"We are going to stop Torchwick, but first I want you to listen to what I have to tell you" Yang states as she pats a part of the desk next to her. Blake looks away hesitant, but finally takes her seat. "Fine" She grumbles. "Ruby and I grew up on Patch"

--{3rd POV}—

While Guy and Yang were busy having a deep talk with Blake, (Y/n) had given his mind a rest. He could speculate on and on, but for now he had better things to do, such as prepare for his date. For now he aimlessly walked around Beacon, trying to kill the remainder of the time. His feet led him to the edge of Beacon, where the amazing view was on full display. He looked over Vale with a small smile spreading across his face. The courtyard was still empty. Everyone was still either busy preparing the dance itself or getting ready and whatnot.

(Y/n) heard some footsteps behind him. He didn't turn around, figuring it was just someone passing through. They drew closer with every step. He eventually heard what sounded like a cane tapping the ground and immediately knew who it was. "Hey professor, how have you been?" He asked. The headmaster gave a friendly smile, "I've been quite well. Guy came by my office with some new inventions you two worked on. And if I may add, they were incredible" (Y/n) waved it off, "Hey Ozpin, can I ask you a question. An honest question?" Ozpin didn't even seem taken aback by that. "I don't know if you can, but you certainly may" He stated. (Y/n) smiled a little. "I hate myself for smiling at this" he mumbled. A short silence follows.

"Why me" He asks. "Excuse me?" Ozpin questions him. "Why would you bring someone like me to this place?" Ozpin looks over Vale, "Why? It certainly is a difficult question to answer on your own, but the answer is honestly quite simple" (Y/n) groans "This isn't gonna be some bad cliché about me having to learn why is it?" Ozpin lets out a few laughs, "No of course not. You wanted to do good. Your desire to bring good to the world is what made you a good choice, and so far I don't regret it. Do you?" (Y/n) stutters, "N-No of course not sir! I've enjoyed myself most of the time here, but ---wait... Really? The desire to do good is the factor that made you choose me from another universe? That can't possibly be all right?" (Y/n) said, sounding upset.

"Well who knows, I can't exactly tell you why you specifically. Maybe you yourself can find the answer to that? What makes you special (Y/n)?" Ozpin offers as a counterargument. (Y/n) looks down before finally blurting out, "I don't know! I'm not that special! There's quite honestly nothing special about me! I'm just an idiot who's had an incredible amount of luck! And I don't deserve any of it!" Ozpin lets out a small sigh. (Y/n) doesn't seem to notice in his panic.

Ozpin taps his cane on the ground before speaking again, "First of all, let's be clear about this before I continue. You did not just luck out. You have worked to become who you are today. You saw a chance and took it, then continued to put in extra effort. So no, I don't think you were lucky." The headmaster takes a deep breath and continues, "Now, there is one quality that makes you stand out, yet I can not exactly say what it is. Something that is a part of you. You shouldn't doubt yourself. Stand by your choices."

(Y/n) gives a small smile and lets out a relieved sigh, "Thanks Oz, I really needed that. And sorry about that, it's just ..." He looks away.

"There is no need to say it, I am well aware of the pressure that you're under." Ozpin states as he walks away. "Enjoy the dance, Mr. Wolfe" (Y/n) remains at the edge of Beacon, watching the sun go down, "Damn that man" He mutters one last time with a smile. The now happy student heads back to his dorm to.

"Stand by yourchoices huh? Interesting wording. I wonder if he understands?