chapter one: getting the job

Jezebel's POV

"Riley where are my heels?" I yelled frantically searching through my closet. Riley came into my room and laughed.

"Jezzy, your room is a mess!" She exclaimed.

"That's because I'm trying to find the perfect heels for my job interview" I said as I spotted them in the back of the closet. I reached for them and grabbed them. I slipped them on and stood up in front of Riley

"How do I look?" I asked her.

"Perfect" She said. I gave her a smile and grabbed my purse and notebook. "You're gonna ace the interview" Riley said.

"Thanks Ri" I said giving her a hug.

"Have a great interview and when you get back I'll have lunch set out for the both of us" She said.

I gave Riley another hug, "Can you get me a crunchy roll" I said to her rushing out the door.

"Yeah!" She yelled after me. I got to the elevator and went down to the main lobby. I passed the doorman Lenny and gave him a wave and a small "hi". I hailed a cab and I quickly got in it.

"Norman Towers please" I said, "And step on it"

-

We arrived at Norman Towers and I was gonna be late. I had exactly two minutes to get where I am suppose to be. I rushed into the building and saw a woman sitting at a desk typing away on her laptop.

"Um excuse me" I said forcing a smile out of me.

"Yes" She sighed looking up from me and rolling my eyes.

Who the hell pissed in her cereal?

"I am here for an interview with Jace Norman" I said.

"What is your name?" She asked me,

"Jezebel Pearson" I said.

"Oh yes, here you are. You are about to be late Miss Pearson" She said.

"I know that!" I exclaimed. "What floor is he on?" I asked her.

"Top floor" She said rolling her eyes and turning back to her laptop.

"Thanks" I muttered walking towards the elevator. I pressed he button and waited for it to come down. While I was waiting I felt a presence next to me.

I glanced over at the person and it was a man, and he was fairly cute. He looked up and caught me staring at him and then I quickly looked away.

"Hello" He said. I looked back over to him and gave him a small smile.

"Hi" I said.

"I've never seen you around here before, what's your name?" He asked me. The elevator dinged and the doors slid open.

We both stepped inside and I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear, "Jezebel" I replied.

"Such a beautiful name for a beautiful girl" He said. "My names Noa" He said holding his hand out. I shook his hand and then pressed the top button which read Norman.

"Nice to meet you Noa" I said.

"Very nice to meet you Jezebel" Noa said. "You headed to Jace's office?" He asked me.

"Yeah, I have an interview" I explained. We arrived on floor seven and Noa got off.

"I wish you the best with your interview" Noa said.

"Thank you Noa" I replied as the doors shut and it continued to go up to the top floor.

When I got there, there was only one set of doors right in front of me. I stepped out of the elevators and I looked above the doors and it had the name Jace Norman in big black letters.