chapter twenty two: "waking up"

Jace's POV

My eyes shot open and I immediately groaned grabbing my shoulder in pain. I started to sit but was quickly pushed back down.

"Sir I'm going to need you to lie down, you just woke up from surgery" A brown haired women said. She was a nurse.

I looked up at her and arched an eyebrow, "...surgery?" I asked her.

She nodded her head, "Yes surgery, sir you got shot in the shoulder and were rushed to the emergency room. We had to remove the bullet and you're all stitched up but your shoulder is going to be sore so you need to take it easy" She said placing a hand on my shoulder.

I laid back and stared at the curling, the nurse was about to leave but I quickly grabbed her wrist. "Wait! I had a friend with me she also got shot. Do you know where she is?!" I asked her.

"I'm not sure but I will go check for you, you have some friends and family here" She said leaving the room.

The door opened and Isabela, Flora, Melanie, and Riley walked in.

"Daddy!" Melanie yelled running over to me and climbing onto the bed.

"Hey princess" I said giving her a smile.

"Daddy are you hurt?" She asked me as her eyes began to water.

"Daddy was hurt princess but I'm okay now" I said to her. Melanie wrapped her tiny hands around my neck and gave me a small hug.

Flora came over to me and held my hand.

"Awww Jacey are you okay?" She asked me. I mentally cringed but put on a fake smile.

"I'm fine Flora, but how's Jez-"

Flora rolled her eyes and let out a groan, "Ugh! Why do you care about her so much she's just a dumb little-"

"Isa take Melanie outside" Riley said cutting Flora off.

Isabela grabbed Melanie and rushed outside closing the door behind her. Riley approached Flora and gave her a hard glare.

"Listen here you little cunt! I am not going to sit here and you disrespect my best friend while she just got shot by a crazy person. She has been nothing but nice to you and you have been a bitch since you came back and tried to claim your own life back. Well news flash Flo you aren't getting it back because even though Jace is too pussy to admit it, he loves Jezebel. He doesn't love you and I don't even think he likes you. So you need to walk the fuck out of this room and go sit in the damn waiting room and think about what you just said. My best friend is fighting for her damn life right now and it is taking all of me to not drag your ass and beat the fuck out of you right here right now" Riley said.

My eyes widened and Flora opened her mouth to say something, "You can't-"

"Out!" Riley said not blinking even once.

Flora scoffed and quickly left the room making me let out a comfortable sigh. Isabela and Melanie came back in and Melanie was curled into Isabela's side playing with her hair.

"I just heard all of that from out there and I love you for what you said" Isabela said smiling.

Riley smiled, "She's not gonna disrespect Jez like that" Riley said.

My heart dropped into my stomach when Riley mentioned Jezebel, "Is Jezebel okay?!" I asked.

Riley and Isabel turned towards me, "She's been in surgery for about five hours now and we don't know anything. We are hoping for the best because if she doesn't come out of that surgery room alive, I don't know what the hell I am going to do" Riley said biting her lip nervously.