chapter sixteen: i'm not jealous

Jezebel's POV

I walked into the office the next morning and set Jace's coffee down on his desk and sat down at mine. Things have been a little tense between us ever since I ended things with us. But I know I did the right thing because no one should ever cheat on someone, no matter the circumstances.

The door opened and Flora and Jace walked in hand in hand. My body tensed up and suddenly I found that my keyboard was the most interesting thing in the world.

"Jacey I am so excited for tonight with you, you have a babysitter right ?" Flora asked Jace. I looked up and my eyes widened.

Please don't ask me, please don't ask me, please don't a-

"That reminds me, Jezebel can you watch Melanie for tonight. I have plans with my lady" Jace said giving me a smirk which made me roll my eyes.

"Certainly boss" I said to him, giving him a fake smile. "I am going to go see my boyfriend now" I said to him arching an eyebrow and getting up to my desk. "Oh and boss, your coffee is on the desk. Don't burn your tongue" I said with a smirk on my face.

If Jace wants to play, let's play.

-

I walked into Noah's office and sat down on his lap.

"Hey babe" He said kissing my cheek.

"Hey baby how are you?" I asked.

"Nothing new, Jace just gave me a shit ton of work for no fucking reason. Like I didn't just interview all his clients for his meeting he has later" He said.

I fucking hate Jace for that, he shouldn't be taking his anger out on Noah. If he had a problem with me he needs to address it with me, not my boyfriend.

"I'm sorry baby, but I do have a question for you" I said to him smirking a little bit.

"Oh no whenever you smirk, it's never good" He said.

"Don't worry it's nothing bad, I was just gonna ask you if you wanted to come over to Jace's tonight with me because I have to watch Melanie" I asked him.

"Jez, Jace will actually kill me if he finds out I was in his house" He said.

"I know but I want to hang out with you tonight" I said to him.

"Babe you know he hates me" Noah said.

"You know that reminds me, why does he hate you so much?" I asked him.

"It's a long long story" Noah said.

I looked at my watch and smirked, "We got time" I said.

"Baby I would love to tell you this story but Jace is gonna walk in about five minutes and he is going to not be happy when he sees me with you" Noah said.

"I want to know why he is so damn possessive over me" I said to him.

"You and me both babe" Noah said.

-

I rang Jace's doorbell with an annoyed look on my face. I wanted to be anywhere else but here, I mean I love Melanie but I cannot stand Jace or Flora, and also where the fuck is Isabela I have not seen her.

The door opened and there stood Flora holding Melanie in her arms. When Melanie saw it was me she reached out to me for me to take her. I held my arms out but Flora pulled her away.

I arched my eyebrow and looked at Flora, "Is there a problem?" I asked. Melanie was whining in her arms and trying to get out.

Flora sent me a glare, "No problem, I just want you to know your place. You're the babysitter and nothing more. You're not Melanie's mom and you're not involved with Jace got it" She said.

I held back a laugh just thinking about how Jace and I fucked in the bed that they probably share now.

"I hear you loud and clear Flo" I smirked and I took Melanie out of her arms and kissed her forehead. Flora rolled her eyes and stepped back so I could come in the house.

"Jezzy I missed you so much! I have to catch you up on the last Spongebob episode and we can eat Mac and cheese and you can braid my hair" She said wrapping her arms around my neck.

"Of course Mel, tonight will be fun" I said putting her down. I could sense eyes on me and of course it was Flora.

I decided to ignore that and go up the stairs to talk to Jace . I walked up to his bedroom door and knocked on it.

"Come in" He said. I opened the door and stood with my hands on my hips. Jace looked up from doing his hair and smirked when he saw it was me. "Hey Jez, how're you?" He asked.

"Oh I'm fine, but you need to control your girl Flora" I said.

"And why is that?" He asked giving me his full attention.

"Because she just came up to me saying know your place with you and Mel, and she needs to get out of my face before I call Riley and we go to town on her" I said turning on my heel, but Jace grabbed my wrist and pulled me into the room and slammed me against the door.

"Jace get the fuck off of me" I said to him pushing him away.

"Why are you acting like this Jez, you know you want me" He said.

I scoffed and crossed my arms over my chest, "The only person I want is Noah. He is my boyfriend and I like him a lot. I told you that whatever what going on between us is over and you need to respect that" I said to him.

Jace rolled his eyes and ran a hand over his face.

"You know I don't understand why you care so much Jace, we were never together and you don't like me like that. You're acting jealous and it's not a good look on you. Especially when there is no reason for you to be jealous" I said.

"I'm not jealous, Jezebel" Jace said giving me a glare.

"Sure seems like it buddy, but it is a shame that you won't be getting all of this anymore. Knowing that the only one who will hold me is Noah" I smirked walking out of the room and feeling his gaze linger as me as I went down the stairs.

Jace followed shortly after and gave a kiss to Melanie before standing next to Flora. She latched onto his arm and gave him a kiss on the cheek but not before giving me a glare.

"Okay we will be back in three hours, you know where everything is and her schedule" Jace said to me.

"Yes I do, have a good time" I smiled. Jace rolled his eyes and pulled Flora with him out of the door. Melanie was watching SpongeBob and I was in the kitchen making her food when the doorbell rang. I arched my eyebrow. Who is at the door?

"Do you want me to get it Jezzy?" Melanie asked me.

"No I got it Mel" I said walking out of the kitchen and walking to the front door. I opened the door and to my surprise someone who I never thought would have shown up. "Isabela?" I questioned.

She had tears running down her face and she looked like she hadn't slept in days.

"Hey is Jace here?" She asked her voice cracking.

"No, he just left with Flora" I said confused.

"So that's why he hasn't be contacting me at all" She said. "I was right, he found someone else" She said.

I am so confused right now, what the hell happened between her and Jace . Then I asked her something I never thought I would.

"Do you want to come inside and talk?" I asked her. She looked up and gave me a slight smile.

"Yeah"

-

HEY GUYS,

I am so sorry that I have not updated in forever that is my fault and my bad and I apologize for that. I will be updating more now just for you guys because I love you guys so much. Thanks for being here.

Thanks,

Sweetie🍬