chapter nineteen: lights out

Jezebel's POV

I woke up the next day with my whole head buzzing. I didn't know what to do with the information I had learned last night.

Noah killed someone.

I feel numb, I cannot believe that he did something like this. I can't believe that Jace was actually telling the truth and trying to protect me.

It kinda made me blush at the thought.

I picked up my phone to see a missed call from Noah. I hesitated calling him back and decided I wasn't going too.

I got out of bed and went over to the bathroom and turned on the shower. I looked at myself in the mirror and saw I had bags under my eyes. I could not sleep at all.

Jace said I didn't need to come into work because of what he told me last night but I decided that if I stayed home then I would over think and things would be so bad.

-

"Hey" I said entering Jace's office.

Jace looked up from writing something down and his mouth fell agape when he saw me.

"You came in?" He asked me.

I nodded my head, "I couldn't be at home, I didn't want to be alone with my thoughts" I said walking over to my area and placing my stuff down.

"I get that" Jace said making me give him a small smile.

"Have you uh..seen Noah?" I asked twiddling my thumbs.

"I told him he doesn't need to come in today so neither of us especially you don't have to see him" Jace said.

"Thanks boss" I said walking over to his desk and sitting down. "I have a question for you" I said.

"What?" He asked.

"Why isn't Noah in jail" Jace said.

"Noah is rich in this town and he payed the cops off but I've been trying to get more evidence to get that son of a bitch behind bars" Jace said.

I felt nauseous again and I didn't like it.

"How're you feeling?" He asked.

I shrugged, "I don't know, I kinda feel numb" I replied.

"That's normal. When I went to Amelia's funeral I felt like dying. I was crushed and I didn't know if anyone could make me better. But then-" Jace paused and bit his lip looking me dead in the eyes.

"But then what?" I asked.

Jace opened his mouth to speak but then his phone rang. He picked it up and saw who was calling.

"It's Flora, I gotta take this" He said standing up and walking out of the room closing the door behind him.

I let out a sigh and ran through my hair.

Why did he look at me when he said "but then"?

Was Isabela actually telling the truth about Jace possibly liking me in a romantic way. But none of that mattered because it mattered how I felt and right now I don't know how I feel.

On one hand Jace was an ass to me in the beginning but after knowing him for a few months and seeing how he actually is. He is a nice guy when he wants to be and he is really sweet to me at least behind closed doors.

And Noah is a definite no, I need to end things with ASAP.

I pulled out my phone and sent Noah a text saying that we need to talk later and he responded with okay. I put my phone away and went back over to my desk and started to do my work.

-

It was night time and Jace and I were finishing up our work. I packed my things away and Jace looked over noticing I was about to leave.

"You leaving?" He asked.

I nodded, "Yeah I gotta go see Noah" I said to him.

Jace  arched an eyebrow, "You're going to go see Noah!" He exclaimed raising his voice.

I laughed, "Don't worry, I am going to go and break up with him" I said.

Jace's eyes widened and he let out a sigh of relied, "Okay good" He said.

I smirked, "Don't worry Jace, you don't need to get jealous" I said to him.

"Oh shut up don't flatter yourself" He said to me rolling his eyes.

I walked over to him and leaned down so my mouth was right next to his ear, "I know you want me" I said pulling away from his ear. But Jace was quick and grabbed me by my neck pulling me onto his lap.

I gasped and wrapped my arms around his neck with his falling from my neck and resting on my hips.

"Don't tease me Jez" He said giving my hips a squeeze.

"Sorry" I pouted.

Jace smiled and traced my lips with his fingers. I blushed at the action and avoided his gaze. Jace gripped my chin with his fingers and pulled me towards him so our lips were grazing each others.

He kept teasing me and so I finally grabbed the back of his neck and kissed him. Jace was surprised but kissed me back pulling me closer to him. I moaned into the kiss when he rubbed my hips and finally pulled away.

"I gotta go" I said quickly getting off of him and running out of the office. I leaned against the door after closing it and I touched my lips feeling them tingle with excitement.

Yeah, I like Jace.

-

I stood outside of Noah's house waiting for him to come out.

Nervous was an understatement of how I was feeling. I felt sick to my stomach knowing that Noah killed someone and I had kissed him and touched him and was dating him.

The door opened and Noah stood there with a smile on his face. "Hey babe" He said pulling me into a hug making me tense up. Noah pulled away with a confused look on his face, "You alright?" He asked.

I shook my head, "No, I need to do something" I said.

"What?" He asked.

"I need to..." I looked into his eyes and they were so hopeful and I can't believe that someone like him killed an innocent girl. So on my plan to get justice for Amelia, this was phase one. "I need to break up with you" I said.

Noah's smile fell and I couldn't read his expression.

"You're breaking up with me?" Noah asked.

"...Yes I'm sorry, we've had good times together but I don't want to be in a relationship right now" I said.

Noah's expression turned mean and gripped my arm.

"It's for Jace right?" He asked.

"No it's not for Jace" I quietly said. Noah tightened his grip on my arm, "Ow Noah, you're hurting me!" I exclaimed trying to get out of his grip.

But Noah ignored me and drug me into his house and flinging me against the wall. He shit his front door and I heard the lock sound.

"Jezebel I don't like liars" Noah sneered as he came closer to me.

"Noah get away from me" I said trying to get away from him. But Noah grabbed me and held me against the wall. He put his hands around my neck and began to squeeze.

"Noah..p-please let go" I said running out of oxygen.

"Lights out babygirl" He said and the next thing I knew.

Everything was black.

-

Hey guys!!

What did you guys think of this chapter?? Please let me know and also know that I am doing the imagines. I have a lot of requests and I know I said I would do one a day but I have a lot of homework. Even though I'm a senior they are piling on the homework. But I am trying my best to update them so please don't be mad🥺

I love you all❤️

Thanks,
Sweetie🍬