chapter two: office drama

Jezebel's POV

I woke up the next morning at five. I know it's early but I have to be at work in two hours and it takes me a while to get ready. I rolled out of bed and basically zombie walked to my bathroom. I turned on the shower and then turned on the lights. I looked at myself in the mirror and I looked dead.

God, I hate mornings!

I ran a hand through my hair and stripped down to nothing. I hopped into the shower and my muscles instantly relaxed from the hot water. I washed my hair and body and then got out. I wrapped a towel around my body and hair.

I walked out of my bathroom and went into my closet. I picked out a pair a dark skinny jeans, a nice white blouse. I changed into my underwear and bra and slipped on the clothing. I found my black boots. I grabbed a nice black jacket.

I went back into the bathroom and unraveled my hair from the towel. I brushed it out and blow dried it. I curled the ends and pinned my bangs back. I put on some natural makeup and sprayed some perfume on me. I went back into my bedroom and saw it was going on six ten. I grabbed my briefcase and everything that I needed.

I walked past Riley's room and saw that she was knocked out in her bed. I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a banana and my keys. I then rushed outside and into the car to get Jace's drink and head to the office.

-

I arrived at the office at six fifty am. I rushed to the elevator and pressed the button to get to Jace's level. I opened his doors and set his coffee down on his table. I then took a seat in my seat which was a little further away from his desk.

I pulled out the papers and placed my laptop on the table. I took a sip of my caramel frap and took a bite out of my croissant and banana. I got a text from Jace that popped up on my laptop.

Are you at work?

Yes boss.

You're not lying right? Because I can go back behind you and check the security cameras and see if you were here or not.

I am not lying I am sitting at my desk and your drink is sitting on your desk waiting for you.

Thank you Jezebel.

I left him on read. I didn't know what else to say.

I checked the time and saw that it seven twenty. Jace was gonna be here in ten minutes. I filed some paper work that I had in my briefcase and placed it in a filing cabinet that Jace got for me.

While I was working Jace burst through the door looking sharp and hot, just saying.

"Morning Jezebel" He said.

"Morning Ja-" I was about to say Jace but he arched his eyebrow and I instantly changed my words. "Boss" I said.

Jace gave me a grin and set his stuff down on his table. He took a sip of his drink and had a satisfied look on his face.

He sat down at his desk and shrugged his jacket off. I stared at him and saw his biceps flexing through his tight material. Jace cleared his throat and I stared back at him.