chapter fourteen: back from the dead?

Flora^

Jace's POV

"F-Flora what are you doing here?" I said staring at her with my mouth agape

"I missed you" She said standing up. "Aren't you excited to see me?" She asked stepping closer to me. I backed away from her and she arched an eyebrow.

"Whats wrong baby" She said wrapping her arms around my neck. I pushed her off of me and she stared at me with her mouth agape. "Didn't you miss me" She said pouting.

Of course I missed her, I missed her lips, her blonde hair, her personality, her smile, but all that went out the window when I came back to reality and realized she was the one who left.

"Hell no" I said pushing past her and getting ready to unlock my front door.

"Jace please" She said gripping my arm.

I turned around and started into her piercing blue eyes.

"I just want to talk" She said to me. I sighed and closed my eyes taking a deep breath.

"Fine" I said to her. I unlocked the front door and I stepped aside letting her walk in first. I walked in and shut the door behind me. Flora sat on the couch and she folded her hands in her lap. I dropped my keys on the coffee table and sat down across from her on the other couch.

"So..talk" I said to her.

"Wheres Melanie" She said.

"Oh so now you care about your daughter and shit" I said to her. "It's been two years Flora" I said to her.

"I know Jace and I am sorry, I am so sorry. I've missed out on the two years of my only daughters life and I left you as a single dad with a shitty explanation as to why" She said to me.

"Then what was the reason?" I asked her.

"I got in a bit of trouble back then. I got drunk one night with my friend Dani when we went to that bar the night you said Sean and the guys were coming over to see Melanie. Then one thing turned into another and I met a guy and then we had sex in a bathroom" She said. My mouth dropped open and my eyebrows furrowed together.

"Are you fucking kidding me?!" I yelled standing up and looking down at her. "I was at home with our daughter and you're out screwing another guy!" I said.

"Jace I'm sorry, I just wanted to start this off with no more lies" She said to me.

"I just find it funny how you fucked another guy knowing that you had all this" I said and grabbed my crotch. "At home" I finished.

Flora's cheeks turned pink and she avoided eye contact with me.

"After two years I still can get you hot and bothered" I said to her.

"I didn't come here so you could tease me Jace, I came here so I could work things out with you and see Melanie again" She said to me.

"Well you and I aren't getting back together because I am dating this girl named Isabela, you can see Melanie though she should be getting here any minute-" I was cut off by the front door opening the sound of little feet hitting the ground.

"Daddy?" I heard Melanie say. Flora stood up and her eyes lightened up with anticipation. Melanie entered the room and she stopped when she saw Flora. "Daddy who's this?" She asked me.

Before I could answer, Flora squatted in front of me and bent down to Melanie's level.

"Hi Melanie" She said. Melanie looked up at her and her head tilted to the side. She gazed at Flora and reached up to touch her cheek.