chapter seventeen: unexpected secrets

Jezebel's POV

Isabela and I were sat down on the couch looking everywhere but each other. To be honest I've never had a full conversation with her before and now that it's just the two of us here, it was awkward.

Melanie was in her play room playing with her dolls so it was really was just the two of us.

I heard Isabela sigh and I looked over at her to see her looking over at me, "I wanted to say that I'm sorry" She said. My eyebrows arched and I opened my mouth to say something but she cut me off. "I'm sorry for being a complete bitch to you Jezebel" She said.

"Isabela you weren't-"

"Oh but I was" She said cutting me off again. "I was jealous, because from the first day you came into Jace's life he has been acting different" She said.

"What do you mean" I asked cocking my head to the side.

She gave me a soft smile, "He's been happier Jezebel, he does not light up when he sees me like he does when he sees you" She said.

My mouth fell agape and I did not know what to say.

"Isabela you aren't implying-"

"He likes you Jezebel" She said cutting me off for the third time.

I let out a soft laugh and arched an eyebrow at her, "He does not like me Isabela, you are being delusional. Jace is just my boss and that's all her will ever be towards me, just like how I will always be his assistant" I said.

Isabela nodded her head and gave me a sad smile, "You know I know about you and him" She said.

I choked on my spit and my eyes bulged out of my head, "W-What?" I stuttered.

She nodded hear head, "Yep, I know about everything that happened between you and him at the office, your apartment, and even his bedroom" She said.

I looked at her like she was crazy, did she stalk me.

"But how?" I asked her.

"Jace sleep talks and I heard him talking about you to his friend Sean" She said.

I felt like such a bitch. Why would I do things with a man who is in a relationship. I fucking hate myself right now.

"Isabela I am honest to god so sorry, I don't know what I was thinking and I felt guilty the whole time" I said.

Isabela shook her head, "You're not sorry Jezebel and that's okay. If you were really sorry than none of this would have happened" She said. "But honestly I don't care. I knew that Jace and I were eventually going to come to an end. But I realized that I don't think I'm in love with Jace and that it wasn't going to continue between us. You just made it easier" She said with a shrug making me sigh.

"But why are you being so forgiving, if I were you I would have slapped me in the face" I said.

She laughed, "Because I came over here to tell Jace that it was over between us and that he should go for you. Because honestly Jace is an ass Jezebel and everyone knows that. He's just less of an ass to you" She smirked.

I laughed.

"You are genuinely nice Isabela and I wished we could have made up on better terms" I said.

"Don't even worry about it" She said. "Friends?" She asked holding her arms open wide for a hug.

I smiled, "Friends" I said giving her a hug.

"You know I'm serious about the Jace thing" She said in my ear.

I pulled away from the hug and looked at her. "Isabela it's not going to happen" I said. "I am with Noah also so no" I said.