chapter twenty three: by your side

Jace's POV

I sat next to Jezebel's bed for the third week in a row. She was still in a coma and I barely left the hospital unless it was to check on Flora who was being watched by Isabela or to get some food and shower.

I quickly got back to the hospital because I wanted to be here when Jezebel woke up. Her family come by and sit with me and her but then usually go home or sit in the waiting room doing paperwork.

I watched the clock tick by as another hour just passed. I was holding Jezebel's hand and stroking her hair. She looks so peaceful right now, like an angel from above.

"Hey Jez" I said, my voice raspy. "It's me Jace and yes I am here for the third week" I said giving a small laugh. "I can imagine you saying how lame I am for staying here, but honestly that's all I want to hear right now" I said smirking.

My face dropped and I squeezed her hand, "I miss you Jezebel" I said. "I miss hearing your laugh, I miss seeing your smile, of course I miss your body because you're so perfect. There is literally nothing I would change about you. I honestly mean that. Who knew a small little thing like you would come into my life and turn it around. You made me feel or should I say you make me feel so good. When I'm around you I'm instantly happy" I said smiling.

"Jez if you can hear me, please please wake up so I can hold you in my arms and I can tell you how I really feel about you. I wanted everyone to know that I love you" I sighed, "Fuck it! I want everyone to know I'm IN love with you. Because I am Jezebel I am. I am in love with you and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Melanie, you and I and maybe we can get married and have some more kids" I chuckled.

I looked at her face and leaned over and kissed her lips.

"Can you please send me a sign if you can hear my Jez? Just a small sign so I know you can hear me or you feel me next you?" I asked.

No movement happened and I started to pull my hand away when her hand grabbed mine and matched on.

My eyes widened and I squeezed her hand.

"Jez you can hear me?!" I exclaimed. She squeezed my hand again and I smiled kissing her hand. "That's good baby, that's so good, one step closer to you waking up" I said kissing her lips and hugging her small body.

-

"Hey thanks for taking care of Melanie" I said to Isabela as I came home to take a shower.

"No problem, you know I love her" Isabela said cleaning up Melanie's toys.

I cleared my throat and scratched the back of my neck looking at her, "So is uh...is everything good between us?" I asked her.

She arched her eyebrow and gave me a slight smile, "Jace i promise you we are good, I hope we can continue to be good friends though" She smiled.

"Of course" I said bringing her into a hug.

-

Hey guys!!

I am so so sorry I haven't updated in so long. I graduated and I had to start college stuff. Also this Black Lives Matter stuff has been really getting to me, especially because I am apart of the black community.

So I had to take a break from everything for my mental health. I hope everyone is doing well and we will get justice for George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, Ahmaud Arbery, and many other lives.

Love you guys!!

Also I'm very sorry for this short chapter, the next one will be longer.

Thanks,
Sweetie🍬