chapter eighteen: amelia

Amelia⬆️

Jezebel's POV

I felt sick to my stomach almost to the point of where I wanted to throw up. My whole body was tense and my hands began to feel clammy.

"W-What?" I asked Jace.

Jace sighed and tried to put a hand on my shoulder, but I jolted away from not wanting to be touched by anyone right now.

The queasiness I was feeling was terrible and I felt extremely lightheaded.

"Jez you need to calm down" Jace said.

I looked at him like he was crazy, "Calm down?! You want me to fucking calm down when you just told me that my boyfriend killed this Amelia girl?!" I whisper shouted so I wouldn't wake up Melanie.

But I wanted to scream.

"Okay I know it's a lot to take in-"

"You got that right" I said cutting him off. Jace stared at me as I calmed myself down. "You need to tell me the whole story" I said to him.

Jace nodded his head and cleared his throat, "Amelia was my assistant two years ago" He said.

"Like how I'm your assistant?" I asked him.

Jace nodded, "Yeah" He replied. "But anyways, she was assistant and I loved having her around. She was kind and always put other people first but she could also have some attitude. The sad thing though is the thing that most people loved about her was what got her killed" Jace said making me arch an eyebrow, "She cared too much and was very naive" He said.

"I admit that I had grown somewhat attached to Amelia to the point where I had a small little crush on her. She also liked me and we had a small little thing going on but we had to keep it professional. But just like how I liked her...Noah also had a thing for her" Jace said.

I nodded my head for him to continue.

"So Noah pursued her and eventually Amelia broke things off with me and went to Noah. I was crushed and I did everything to get her back. But she stood her ground with Noah. Noah didn't treat her right. I mean everything seemed chill with them in the beginning, but then it got worse" He said to me which made my heart drop to my stomach.

"What do you mean it got worse?" I asked.

"Noah became abusive with Amelia to the point where she would show up to work with bruises on her body, but every time I tried to help her she would not let me and say that Noah loves her and that she deserves to be beat. I tried to tell her that she can come stay with me and I can help her, but she didn't listen to me" Jace said, "You can't help someone who doesn't want to be helped, no matter how hard you try" Jace said as his fists clenched. "So one night I called her to check on her and she wants answering my calls, I then called her best friend at the time to see if she had heard from her and she hadn't heard from her at all. At this point I became worried so I went on the tracking app on my phone-"

"Wait you tracked her?" I asked him. Jace looked at me with a hard glare and slowly nodded his head.

"I didn't trust Noah and I wanted to keep Amelia safe. So once she was with him I put a tracker in her phone just in case anything happened to her" He said to me.

Jace rubbed his hands over his face and I heard a sniffle come from him. "I saw that she was on the bridge by the lake and I wondered what the hell she was doing over there. So I got in my car and drove over there"

I slowly shook my head not wanting to know what came next, I already had a bad feeling from the beginning and it was getting progressively worse.

"When I got there I saw her and Noah arguing by the railing of the bridge. I parked my car and got out slowly approaching them..one thing I will never forget is how hard the rain was falling that night. It was pounding on the pavement and when the rain hit my skin it felt like nails" Jace said. "But as I was saying I walked over to them and saw them yelling at each other..."