1- Salads and cakes

Amelia

I take a seat at mine and my friends usual table in the cafeteria with a salad I had just bought.

Everyone at the table gives me either a confused or amused look.

"What?" I ask raising an eyebrow.

"You just bought a salad? When their selling cheese burgers." My best friend Lauren answers me.

I push my fork into the lettuce. "And?"

"You don't eat healthy, so what's up?" My other best friend Bethany asks.

"Can't I just want to eat a salad?" I ask.

"No." Lauren's boyfriend Seth answers.

It used to be just me, Lauren, and Bethany but Lauren got herself a boyfriend and now his friends sit with us too. Three of them are nice, but then there's Niall Young. You know that hot player f-boy that goes to pretty much everyone's school, well that's him. There's also Jake and Matt, they are kind of the the player group in the school. Seth not anymore though, him and Lauren seem smitten.

I roll my eyes. "Fine, I have a wedding in two weeks and I can't fit into any of my dresses."

"I thought I noticed you put on some weight." Niall remarks with a smirk.

I turn and look at him giving him my dirtiest look and about to give him a comment but before I can I'm interrupted.

"He's kidding." Jake and Bethany say in sync.

Jake hits his best friend in the back of the head while him and Bethany make awkward eye contact that doesn't go unnoticed by me.

"The only place you've put on weight is your ass." Lauren says glaring at Niall. "How could you put on weight anywhere else you go to the gym nearly everyday."

"And then I eat take out and go get drunk. The gym hardly helps." I reply before putting some of my salad into my mouth.

I swallow it before taking a drink out of my water. "This shits disgusting how's it supposed to fill me up?"

Bethany laughs. "You want some of my burger?"

"No thanks, anyone want my salad?" I answer.

Everyone shakes there head.

"Won't you be hungry?" Matt asks.

"I'll be fine. It's just one day of skipping lunch." I answer standing up and taking my bowl of salad with me. "I've got to go to my locker so I'll talk to you guys later."

I make my way of of the cafeteria dropping my salad into the bin on my way out.

~~~~~~

I walk out of my last class of the day walking towards my car when I feel two people begin to walk each side of me. I look both sides of me and roll my eyes at Matt and Jake.

"If this is about my lunch I'll literally scream." I tell them continuing to walk.

"We're just making sure you haven't slipped back into your old bad habits." Matt says to me sweetly.

"I haven't." I tell them.

"Going to the gym every day is a lot of work never mind on an empty stomach." Jake says.

"Guys I skipped my lunch because salad is shitty, I've still eaten breakfast and I'm going to eat dinner. Plus as I said earlier this isn't about my weight it's about the wedding I have in two weeks which I don't have a dress for." I tell them.